• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Osnabruck Station closedown

I was in Scarborough Barracks (Colditz) in the mid 80's.

I for one will not lament the passing of the Traz. Having said that, I'd rather be there than Catterfuckingick. Too close to Sluggy ! ;-)

the_guru said:
I was in Scarborough Barracks (Colditz) in the mid 80's.

I for one will not lament the passing of the Traz. Having said that, I'd rather be there than Catterfuckingick. Too close to Sluggy ! ;-)
Not as many nightclubs - What DO they call the Scorpian now

If I am correctly informed, it is now called Lidl...

B

Biscuits_AB

thepatrolman said:
We have been told today that Osnabruck station will close offically on 31 Mar 2009.

:( :( :(
UKBCs and Uncivil Servants all scrambling for jobs in Sennelager and Hohne then?

When's JHQ meant to switch the lights off?

Biscuits_AB said:
thepatrolman said:
We have been told today that Osnabruck station will close offically on 31 Mar 2009.

UKBCs and Uncivil Servants all scrambling for jobs in Sennelager and Hohne then?

Outstanding will be along in a moment with news. He has a real Hard On for the subject

So if Osnabruck station is to close, then whats happening to Munster? Or is it being lumped in with Osnabruck?

Biscuits_AB said:
thepatrolman said:

when they've finished turning osnabruck into immigrant internment camp they'll decide on the ARRC apparently.

Although realistically if the afghan deployment doesn't end up as a total gang fcuk then they'll let us keep playing with our NATO allies if not bye bye LOA, hello another crap UK posting.

I am posted to Osnabruck next month :?

I asked to go to germany so I shouldn't complain. I had heard of this news before, so I am expecting the place to wind down towards the end of my tour.

Fifty percent of my tour in Osnabruck was great. That's because it was spent on snow 500 miles south.

I lived in the Traz for 9 years and always thought we had the better deal, certainly much nicer than Hohne or F'in B. Then again, I was pretty mingin' most of the time.....

I think anywhere in Germany is what you make of it, if you can bother your arse and get out and see the wider world you will have a quality time instead of hanging around camp and the local camp!!

Spent 3 years in Osnabruck, Belfast Bks. Not a bad life, beats the bl00dy hell out of catterick. Very handy for Holland/Amsterdam. Is broadways still up and running? Cracking fight club!

brettarider said:
janieo said:
brettarider said:
Well look on the bright side one less sh1thole to get posted to :p
Is it as sh*t as Fally ?
What's wrong with Fally I had a great time :D
Nothing really wrong with Fally but when you have been there 13 years + it just gets a bit too much .... alot of the quarters are really bad....Done all the site seeing you can do....Just needed a change of scenery...

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
My three years in Traz were attached to 12 Armoured Penal Kindergarten - I mean Workshop. The REEMs I was attached to weren't as good to work for as the cavalry I'd been in prior to rebadging, but I felt that Mercer / Imphal were a lot better place to be than down in the town.

Dodesheide could have been a very nice estate if it weren't for the ex-infantry LSL people in charge who thought the whole Army should be infantry and do what they the LSL thought the infantry had been like a decade previously when they the LSL WOs were infantry.

That said, I counted down the days of my three years in Traz from Day 1 and was overjoyed when I left, but when I discovered that Worthy Down made Traz look like Belgravia I quickly bought my own house and rebadged again to Civvy Street Lancers.

But overall, in the words of Edith Piaff and 1 REP, "je ne regret rien."