OSM - With "Yorkshire" Clasp for RAMC

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jan 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Be interesting to find out what the financial arrangements for such a move are. It's no doubt cheaper for the NHS to "borrow" Army medics than to recruit civvy doctors, can't see the BMA being happy with the idea though.

Oh shit, it's the NAAFI... tits, arse, wank...

3. Best title to a thread in ages....

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Ayefangyooo

• Like Like x 1
  5. Where are these 'Army Doctors' coming from. Since we closed all our military hospitals, most of the military medical services are TA, whose normal job is with.... - you've guessed it, the NHS. Fools!

6. We've all seen that Doris in Casualty, we know what it'll be like!

7. My thoughts precisely.

As a near resident to this particular establishment I'll be following this closely... and also making emergency plans to be evacuated elsewhere even when they are open. The recently demolished predecessor of PGI has numbered some colourful characters amongst its illustrious staff including Harold Shipman.

8. Perhaps with all the root and branch thinking we are doing with both the Regs, TA and NHS we could devise some sort of hybrid.

All Docs/nurses/medics etc held in a central civvie pool, with a number allocated and trained to move forward as TA and some on full time armed forces support (a la regs but still part of the central pool).

9. the trust should have bit the bullet and pulled the plug on A+E at ponte a long time ago , never mind the bullshit stories about a a full A+E in the new build

I've got a near 10 year old list from the ex-WYMAS of things you should take to Pinders, one of the Leeds or Barnsley instead of Ponte as for years there was no emergency surgery, or ortho cover there and the gas passer cover only lasted as long as it did because there wasn't the space to move Maternity to Wakefield before the new builds.

the primary problem Ponte has is that there are not enough quality middle grade A+E doctors about and Ponte is hampered by being alimited service site ... there are some locum 'staff grades' in A+E who you wouldn't trust to walk a dog , if they are there just to make up the numbers and your Core trainee SHOs and senior nurses can cope it's just aobut copeable with even if not ideal but for them to be the only senior doctor at night without a resident anaesthetist or med reg ...

• Like Like x 2
  10. My real concern is that this exposes the innocent residents of Pontefract to another barrage of photographs featuring a grumpy looking Yvette Cooper outside A and E:

3247125087.jpg

If things get really bad, they'll get Balls too:

4081525939.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. I would.

12. Each to his own. Mind you, it might put a smile on her face.