OSM Criteria?

Ladies and gents,
Sat at my desk today I was passing the time in pleasant daydream land, when a totally random thought popped into my walnutesque brain. What happens to the lads and lasses that get sick or injured before qualifying for their medal? Do they get one or is it a case of 'you weren't there long enough, tough shit'?

If they're injured in the line of duty, they still receive the OSM (even if still under 30 days) and the full Op bonus.

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
If Google or indeed the arrse search function had the answer then I wouldn't be asking, would I? Thanks for your valuable input.
It's definitely on here as I've posted on this before. To quote the book:
Reduced Qualifying Service.
If qualifying service was brought to an end before
the completion of the specified qualifying period on account of death, wounding or
other disability due to operational service, the reduced period of service will be
sufficient qualification for the award of the OSM
Wounded qualifies straight away, not sure about illness though?
I think if it's an operationally connected illness (malaria?), then at a guess they should meet the criteria above.

As stated, wounded auto qualify, however illness or injury, tough titty.

On my first ireland there was a lad who broke his leg on patrol, but they kept him in theatre till he qualified, his job was bty runner, yes that was amusing for the first ten minutes.

Don't forget though, rules have changed, you don't need to do 30 days consecutive, they could be sent back, but only need to do the remaining time to qualify

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I was bored one day and looked at the criteria for OSMs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading somewhere attached personnel (whether civvies or mil) are all entitled to the same service awards as personnel deployed on oppos, does that include those rent-a-squaddies like Mauriece Mennie (i.e Private Military Contractors)?