OSM Criteria?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by dogfondler, Dec 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and gents,
    Sat at my desk today I was passing the time in pleasant daydream land, when a totally random thought popped into my walnutesque brain. What happens to the lads and lasses that get sick or injured before qualifying for their medal? Do they get one or is it a case of 'you weren't there long enough, tough shit'?
  2. search or google you lazy c*nt
  3. If Google or indeed the arrse search function had the answer then I wouldn't be asking, would I? Thanks for your valuable input.
  4. Wounded qualifies straight away, not sure about illness though?
  5. If they're injured in the line of duty, they still receive the OSM (even if still under 30 days) and the full Op bonus.
  6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

It's definitely on here as I've posted on this before. To quote the book:
    I think if it's an operationally connected illness (malaria?), then at a guess they should meet the criteria above.
  7. As stated, wounded auto qualify, however illness or injury, tough titty.

On my first ireland there was a lad who broke his leg on patrol, but they kept him in theatre till he qualified, his job was bty runner, yes that was amusing for the first ten minutes.

Don't forget though, rules have changed, you don't need to do 30 days consecutive, they could be sent back, but only need to do the remaining time to qualify

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
  8. I was bored one day and looked at the criteria for OSMs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading somewhere attached personnel (whether civvies or mil) are all entitled to the same service awards as personnel deployed on oppos, does that include those rent-a-squaddies like Mauriece Mennie (i.e Private Military Contractors)?