Osgood Schlatters

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by SneakyTeen, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive just read that Osgood schlatters disease of the knees can get you discharged from the armed forces, however i havent had any problems with osgood schlatters for 2 or 3 years. Im just really worried that this will affect my entry into the army, if anyone has any first hand experience or just general knowledge about it then i would be grateful.Thanks in advance !!

* and yes i did use the search !!
  2. See the stickies at the top of the forum.
  3. I suffered from it in my youth in both knees. After a while it cleared up and although its in my med rec, it never had any bearing on joining the T.A.

Although, the regs may be different.
  4. Thanks.
  5. I have it, it caused me no problems when joining up, tell them though dont try and hide it.
  6. Thanks LazyMedic thats a big relief !!
  7. SneakyTeen

Theres no excuse for us not going to harrogate, 1 Rifles and Eventually 2Para together now!
  8. Yup, woop. Hopefully our medicals get through without a hitch because thats the only thing that would be able to stop me to be fair.
  9. Yeah because you can just swap regiments whenever you feel like it.
  10. Note the word EVENTUALLY, its definately possible !

11. lol, im not saying that

Im saying, get through basic together, go to rifles together

and then do P-company and join the paras.

I know a lot of people who have transferred to Paras
  12. I'm not saying it isn't but do you think one regiment struggling with manning is going to be very helpful to someone who wants to transfer to another regiment? Be wary of what you get told in the AFCO.
  13. If its what they want to do and they have the oppurtunity and talents whch are better suited elsewhere, I dont see why they'd be selfish enough to stop them progressing with their army career
  14. Respect to spaz though, i see where your coming from.
  15. Talents which are better suited elsewhere? What talents are these? You are proposing being an Infanteer in one regiment then transferring to be an Infanteer in another.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.