Osama dead. Good or bad?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fallschirmjager, May 2, 2011.

1. Won't affect global terrorism at all

118 vote(s)
  2. Will have a negative effect on terrorist activities

33 vote(s)
  3. The shit is now going to hit the fan big time

68 vote(s)
  4. We've now won the war on terror! Whoopee!

9 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now we've made a martyr out of OBL what will be the repercussions? Have we stirred up an hornets nest? Are we now likely to see a campaign in the UK by our peace loving Muslims? Do the taliban in Afghanistan give a ****?

I don't think his death will have a major impact on stemming terrorism around the globe. In fact I can see it fanning the flames. I also don't think real insurgents such as the taliban will really give a **** though the amateurs such as own grown ones in the UK may get a sad on. Discuss.
  2. My first thought was, MEH! Bin Laden was the "FACE" for the spams but the beast will live on.
  3. No practical effect long term, it may be useful short-term in cheering up the Americans a bit (though they're often at their maddest when elated). If we see howling and ululating on the streets of Bradford etc it might prove useful in doing its bit to bury multiculturalism. I seem to recall that the attacks on New York were celebrated by various beardmen in t'north.
  4. Terry T will not give a toss they are so fuc$ed in the head a totally different animal.
    The home grown Muslim will give a toss and will royally have a sad on I think a world of hurt is about to hit us.
    What gets me is that he was living next to a Pak base??
  5. Need to take out a lot more nutters before it'll make a difference. And cut off their bloodline of ignorant volunteers.
  6. Unfortunately all the Americans have done is light the blue touch paper. Get ready for the backlash.
  7. I think they were already pretty fired up about one thing or another, can't see them being even angrier today than they were yesterday>
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I reckon it's not a good plan to fly for a bit.
  9. Well, it's boosted Obama's chances of winning a second Term next year. The Good Ol' Boys won't know if they should laugh or cry...

As to the effect on followers of the Religion of Peace, I seem to recall some of the more excitable ones having a total sense of humour failure over cartoons and a couple of singed Korans. I doubt their reaction to this news will be...restrained.
  10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

where do they get the energy from?? I have barely enough left after a day at work to take my boots off, let alone get all worked up into a frenzy about the decadent west offending my sensibilities.
  11. No alcohol combined with the work-free life of religious meditation, or 'being a dolie' as it's also known.
  12. It's a good start, no more, no less; 10 years late.
  13. So what do you expect the US do..let him get away with 9/11. Despite the possible backlash it shows the Islamists they are not the only ones who can play the long game. There is too much of a defeatist attitude by some on this site. Well done to all involved.
    • Like Like x 8
  14. The religion of peace's more radical home grown members will currently be frothing at the mouth and there'll probably lots of talk of Jihad this or Jihad that blah blah blah.

I can't see there being that much of a change in Afghanistan.

Some belter held in Guantanamo apparently told the Septics that AQ have a nuclear weapon hidden in Europe somewhere which will be detonated in the event of OBL getting iced. I think they'll talk a good one but the security situation will ultimately be no change, though I wouldn't rule out attacks on Embassies in the more "enlightened" countries.
  15. Let's just hope it's in France!
    • Like Like x 3