Osama Cornered, They Say

#1
From the Associated Press, 4 September 2004.

A Mr. Joseph C. Black, a US State Dept. "coordinator for counter-terrorism," said that if Osama bin Laden is wearing a wristwatch, "he should be looking at it because the clock is ticking."

Mr. bin Laden, it is said, is "believed to be hiding some place along the rugged border between Pakistan and Afghanistan."

"US Near Seizing Bin Laden, Official Says," by Matthew Pennington.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040904/D84T2OUO0.html
 
#3
the sooner the better....then we can have some other nutter to worry about!!!!
 
#4
how many times has this been said though! Osama was either killed in the Tora Bora caves or is nowhere near being captured.

Seems like the septics like wheeling him out when they need a scapegoat for something or to gain some political edge!

The latter seems more likely due to current electioneering.

What people need to see are results like Izzat being captured today:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8751

Results not inane speculation.
 
#6
Being "cornered" in Waziristan is a bit like being "cornered" in France. Except the tribes in the territories are better armed and even more hostile than the French. This means nothing. If the Spams had a fix on his position, he'd already be dead.
 
#8
Not_Whistlin_Dixie said:
From the Associated Press, 4 September 2004.

A Mr. Joseph C. Black, a US State Dept. "coordinator for counter-terrorism," said that if Osama bin Laden is wearing a wristwatch, "he should be looking at it because the clock is ticking."
Had him down as more of a pocket watch man actually.
 
#9
[quote="Evelyn Tent
Had him down as more of a pocket watch man actually.[/quote]

Yeah. he got a bargain, no questions asked, from a market trader in Peshawar. Hindu Kushti.
 
#10
At a rough guess, I would say that Osama's watch is CIA issue. I wouldn't depend on it though, it's only accurate when it's politically expedient to be so.

:D
 
#11
Oracle said:
At a rough guess, I would say that Osama's watch is CIA issue. I wouldn't depend on it though, it's only accurate when it's politically expedient to be so.

:D
Nope. You're thinking of his satphone, the special Nokia Tomahawktarget.
 
#13
claymore said:
Oracle said:
At a rough guess, I would say that Osama's watch is CIA issue. I wouldn't depend on it though, it's only accurate when it's politically expedient to be so.

:D
Nope. You're thinking of his satphone, the special Nokia Tomahawktarget.
It would have to be a satphone. Can't see there being much of a signal in the mountainous region between Pakistan and Afghanistan.
 
#14
Evelyn Tent said:
[
Nice one Clays. Do you think that's where he got the Uncle Albert beard, too?
I reckon you're right. Well, Uncle Albert's not using it at the moment.
 
#15
Well, f*ck me. I really didn't know that Osama had an Uncle Albert. I don't know how anyone can get their willy pierced. How did the CIA find that out?

8O
 
#16
Oracle said:
Well, f*ck me. I really didn't know that Osama had an Uncle Albert. I don't know how anyone can get their willy pierced. How did the CIA find that out?

8O
It's all the rage in Waziristan. That's why they wear the baggy strides, whjile the piercing heals.
 
#17
Given the CIA's recent poor record regarding the accuracy of their information, I doubt very much that he is in the area of the Pakistan/Afghanistan border.



My guess that he's in a bedsit off the Edgeware Road. :D
 
#18
Oracle said:
My guess that he's in a bedsit off the Edgeware Road. :D
Or selling Shergar balti somewhere Oop North. With Lord Lucan as his 'sleeping" partner.
 
#19
Just an afterthought. Does that mean we could see B52s over Bradford some time soon?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top