Osama Cornered, They Say

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Sep 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Associated Press, 4 September 2004.

A Mr. Joseph C. Black, a US State Dept. "coordinator for counter-terrorism," said that if Osama bin Laden is wearing a wristwatch, "he should be looking at it because the clock is ticking."

Mr. bin Laden, it is said, is "believed to be hiding some place along the rugged border between Pakistan and Afghanistan."

"US Near Seizing Bin Laden, Official Says," by Matthew Pennington.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040904/D84T2OUO0.html

2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

We have been hearing this for 3 years. I will be pleased if it is true but i have my doubts.

Sounds like a pre election Bushism.

3. the sooner the better....then we can have some other nutter to worry about!!!!

4. how many times has this been said though! Osama was either killed in the Tora Bora caves or is nowhere near being captured.

Seems like the septics like wheeling him out when they need a scapegoat for something or to gain some political edge!

The latter seems more likely due to current electioneering.

What people need to see are results like Izzat being captured today:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8751

Results not inane speculation.

5. Just in time for the re-election of Cletus the slack jawed yokel! :wink:

What a stroke of luck for him, and not stage managed at all! :roll:

6. Being "cornered" in Waziristan is a bit like being "cornered" in France. Except the tribes in the territories are better armed and even more hostile than the French. This means nothing. If the Spams had a fix on his position, he'd already be dead.

7. If Carlsberg made vague statements....

brilliant! 8O

8. Had him down as more of a pocket watch man actually.

9. [quote="Evelyn Tent
    Had him down as more of a pocket watch man actually.[/quote]

Yeah. he got a bargain, no questions asked, from a market trader in Peshawar. Hindu Kushti.

10. At a rough guess, I would say that Osama's watch is CIA issue. I wouldn't depend on it though, it's only accurate when it's politically expedient to be so.

:D

11. Nope. You're thinking of his satphone, the special Nokia Tomahawktarget.

12. Nice one Clays. Do you think that's where he got the Uncle Albert beard, too?

13. It would have to be a satphone. Can't see there being much of a signal in the mountainous region between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

14. I reckon you're right. Well, Uncle Albert's not using it at the moment.

15. Well, f*ck me. I really didn't know that Osama had an Uncle Albert. I don't know how anyone can get their willy pierced. How did the CIA find that out?

8O