OR's Bar Rules

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Big Avo, Mar 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everybody,

I have been in a few Regiments and they all have different rules when it comes to the OR's Bar.

• If you're lucky enough to get caught in a photo in Soldier Mag, Volunteer, Newspaper, TV, etc ring the bell and get everyone a drink.
    • If you are a Senior Rank Sgt and above and you do not knock/ring the doorbell before entering the OR's Bar ring the bell and get everyone a drink.
    • If you pass CMSR, get promoted, if you or your partner have a baby, or if its your birthday ring the bell and get everyone a drink.
    • If you enter the bar in headdress unless on an official duty such as Guard Commander ring the bell and get everyone a drink.

Does your OR's Bar have any rules like this; unusual or tradition?
  2. Typical Scouser, always after a free drink........don't ring the Bell on your way out!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Scouser enters Mess, check silver cabinet locked.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Using your mobile phone
  5. Sound like Bog standard rules to me mucka.....
  6. Drinking with your right hand - ring the bell.
    Pointing - ring the bell
    calling someone by their first name - ring the bell
    losing at Fuzzy Duck - ring the bell

This is the UOTC you're talking about right?
  7. Fall asleep and you're fair game to be drawn on / have eyebrows shaved / have photos of you holding people's cocks / have a game of buckaroo played on you.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I hear a lad got done for sexual assault for lowering his cock into the mouth of a sleeping colleague following an official complaint.

Naked bar is also a thing of the past it seems.
  9. Really?
  10. Not in my mess, but then we're a male only ship so probably why no one gives a shit.
  11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

My how things have changed. A young US Coastguard chappy who foolishly fell asleep in my mess would be pleased to hear this news.

We 'niggered' him using black permanent marker pens.

Every inch of the poor ****, including the inside of his foreskin.
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  12. I've not done a naked bar for over ten years.

It's AMS, so it's probably for the best, if you know what I mean...
    • Like Like x 1
  13. What sort of regular person sleeping (notbpissed?) does not wake up and say wtf with some strange stabbing like feeling to his foreskin? Or did he start to grow and enjoy the manipulation?

Doing it with a finger or two,eyes scrunched a bit near the screen, trying to make sure I don't make a mess or mistake in the process.
  14. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The **** was in a state of advanced refreshment. He didn't even flinch.
  15. Engineer NAAFI / mess - not for the faint hearted
    • Like Like x 2