ORP for the Hungry...............

Visions of meth riddled drunk sat on on the steps of a closed down shop, little dog curled up who appears to be permanently asleep with a Jet Boil cooking away Menu B delights sprung to mind. What will happen is tins and packets removed from 10 Man packs and used in "soup kitchens" and 99% of meth riddled drunks wont even know where the food comes from.

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Despite all the cynicism around Brits in general and Arrse in particular this initiative sounds like...um..plain common sense. BZ.

( and I bet somebody from The Treasury had half a hernia figuring out how to stop it....)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a pity we're meant to be leaving the Eu. The French ones are good. As are the Belgian ones. Which is no real surprise, although I expected Belgian portions to be bigger.

Last edited:
10 Man not 24hr by the way.

I'll look out for them on eBay. It won't take long for someone to realise that the money raised by flogging them will feed 30 people for one day using fresh groceries.

Then it's a short step to feeding 10 people for one day with the spare cash going into a back pocket.

I'll look out for them on eBay. It won't take long for someone to realise that the money raised by flogging them will feed 30 people for one day using fresh groceries.

Then it's a short step to feeding 10 people for one day with the spare cash going into a back pocket.
Perhaps - but they'll be going to organisations and charities not individuals.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
FM: ACOS-DRLC
To: HMT/res2b(Army) Mr Felcherly-Strobes

17 Dec 18

1. Thank you for your telecon and email 161432zDec18, wrt the proposed disposal of lifed Operational Ration Packs.

2. I appreciate fully the need to achieve 'Repayment rates' for the items under consideration. However, a brief glance at the figures reveals the true picture.

3. The 200,000 ORPs in question ( all of which are close to Expiry date) are valued at C.£6K. I attach for your consideration a copy of a letter received from Veolia advising that the disposal cost of these items (inclusive of collection,storage and recycling external packaging) would cost us approx £150,000.

4. In addition, as ever , it is prudent to address Presentational issues. On the one hand ' Army sends tonnes of food to Landfill' can with a little goodwill and some careful wording be turned into ' Surplus rations gifted to homeless charities'. I attach a short LTT, which has been approved by Press Office , for your consideration.

5. I look forward to receiving your views on this matter shortly, bearing in mind that the ORPs in question are currently being warehoused at a cost of £150/tonne daily - and will shortly be unfit for consumption.

yrs Aye
Will. E. Eckerslyke, C2
pp
ACOS/DRLC - (AOL)

It's a pity we're meant to be leaving the Eu. The French ones are good. As are the Belgian ones. Which is no real surprise, although I expected Belgian portions to be bigger.
We are not leaving NATO though. Carry on normal jogging.

FM: ACOS-DRLC
To: HMT/res2b(Army) Mr Felcherly-Strobes

17 Dec 18

1. Thank you for your telecon and email 161432zDec18, wrt the proposed disposal of lifed Operational Ration Packs.

2. I appreciate fully the need to achieve 'Repayment rates' for the items under consideration. However, a brief glance at the figures reveals the true picture.

3. The 200,000 ORPs in question ( all of which are close to Expiry date) are valued at C.£6K. I attach for your consideration a copy of a letter received from Veolia advising that the disposal cost of these items (inclusive of collection,storage and recycling external packaging) would cost us approx £150,000.

4. In addition, as ever , it is prudent to address Presentational issues. On the one hand ' Army sends tonnes of food to Landfill' can with a little goodwill and some careful wording be turned into ' Surplus rations gifted to homeless charities'. I attach a short LTT, which has been approved by Press Office , for your consideration.

5. I look forward to receiving your views on this matter shortly, bearing in mind that the ORPs in question are currently being warehoused at a cost of £150/tonne daily - and will shortly be unfit for consumption.

yrs Aye
Will. E. Eckerslyke, C2
pp
ACOS/DRLC - (AOL)
What does it have to do with the RLC? Also, if you could give me the source of your £150 per tonne I'd be grateful.....:wink:

If they are really old ones I will take any bacon grill and oatmeal blocks they have going spare...

It does beg the question though, "If these rations are still fit for consumption, why not issue them and consequently reduce the next order?"

I foresee that the MOD will become morally obliged to provide 1% of its ORPs to charitable causes each year so will increase its order rather than reduce it.