Original Adidas GSG9s

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by IainST, Jul 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's a nearly-new pair of Adidas GSG9s i'm thinking of buying. But they're the originals, not the 2nd edition that are retailing now.

Does anyone know what differences there are between them?

2. I'm just interested in them for tabbing, and general fitness; not for in the field. I would never pay the £120+ price for them new.
  3. You could run for a bus in them but I wouldn't run much more than that!
  4. :D :D :D :D :D
  5. get lowa super camps..
  6. The New ones are more engineered than the older type, and look like they should be on the feet of Robocop. I wear the old ones every day and they`re quality, mega comfy and these days as rare as hens teeth. If you can get a pair and they are in decent nick and a good price then I say buy them. Failing that try a pair of Bates, basically the same as GSG-9 Mk 1`s. Just as good.
  7. I had a pair of the originals and for bimbling about camp they were awesome until you got spotted by the Razzer. Go for a pair of Altberg sneakers, more practical and military looking.
  8. Nice boots!

Attached Files:

9. I use the original GSG9s for walking around camp, i wouldnt use them for tabbing as the soles would get destroyed.
  10. The soles are pants, just adidas training shoe soles.
  11. I seem to remember being told the sole requirement was quiet and non-slip on aircraft wings

Lowa Super Camps great but if you are looking for a lighter boot the Lowa urban range were my preferred boot.
  12. Fook me, have I just walked into gays are us!
  13. woody thinks they look cool and wears them to the pub :roll:
    but I'm sure there not pump honestly :twisted:
  14. Every Pair of Lowa`s i`ve ever had have fallen to bits. Vowed never to waste money on them again. :(
  15. Never had a bad pair of Lowas and you can get them re-soled through the system. :D