Origin of political correctness

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Dave V, Aug 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nothing quite like selecting something "middle of the road" for your first post...

• Like Like x 2
  2. :Nothing quite like selecting something "middle of the road" for your first post...

There is something in what you say :)

If the vid is accurate, we are f*cked. I was half hoping for someone to point out inaccuracies.

3. And the gold medal for most patronising post of the day goes to you.

4. I haven't got the 57 minutes spare to watch this,anyone got a precis?

5. Ditto, but I wonder if PC all started from one of those spoof office memos? Someone missed the joke, took it seriously, and it all snowballed from there.

6. Nah ... I reckon it was started by the Daily Mail's marketing department.

• Like Like x 1
  7. When did it go mad?

8. I've listened to the first five minutes, I knew it, it was the Papists. They'll be giving them the vote next.

9. The Romans invented it for the British. "Educate to servitude".

But it became really effective from the 19th century when mandatory state education kicked off.

The Roman concept was that the people would moan but would do nothing about their grievances.

Army Rumour being an excellent example of political correctness (IE servitude)

10. I thought the Romans invented pizza?

11. Nah that was Naples.

Neapolitans.

12. Same thing, just with extra garlic and hairier shoulders.

13. Nice Calzone in Naples, just don't wear an expensive watch and carry a heavy bag to batter the ***** who drive motor scooters like maniacs in the narrow side streets.
    Very satisfying seeing the bastards go flying into the greengrocers stall.

14. I'm rather fond of Naples but the best pizza I ever had was on Capri, fresh tomatoes garlic, olive oil.