Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organising Fam visits individually

Hi All,

I have my briefing coming up shortly and i would like to get in touch with a couple of regiments regarding fam visits to get the ball rolling. I have spoken with my ACA and ive been told i cannot look to start organising them until breifing has been carried out, but i would like to email directly so i am on their radar.

I have some contacts but a few are generic email addresses. What is the best way of addressing and ending the email.> Would 'Dear Sir or Madam' suffice?

Any help is appreciated

If it's infantry or cav, I would suggest you write a letter addressed to the Regimental Adjutant. Best of luck at briefing!

Try the relevant Corps Officer Recruiting Teams. I would suggest following the process and getting briefing done - focus on that then start thinking about fam visits etc.

Get briefing done then get in touch with them. Some are funny about getting you on actual fam visits prior to Main Board, but if you impress them at an initial interview then they may invite you anyway. Do it yourself, don't rely on Capita to sort it unless it's a large Corps visit.

Dear Sir, Ma'am or Sirs I'd imagine would be appropriate, depending who it is. If it's inf or cav then a 'Dear Sir' is probably safe (for now).

There are plenty of addresses, email contacts and phone numbers on the Army website. Who were you looking at in particular?

HF

Cheers for the responses. I realise that the main concern at the moment is briefing and preparing as well as i can. I'm not necessarily looking to book any fam visits prior to briefing, but i'd like to be on their radar so to speak.

I am currently looking at visiting RE, Intelligence Corps, RA, AAC. I would like to visit as many as possible to get a better overview of the army.

Also, i have heard that there can be quite a substantial waiting time to get a visit to the RE, is this correct?

If so then it would be best to get one booked ASAP!

Debenham

Old-Salt
Intelligence corps won't let you anywhere near until you've completed an exam after briefing or main board.
It could be worth asking to visit nearby reserve unit if possible though.

I've only booked a visit with the HCav so far and that was done about 3 months in advance or 1 month after briefing (if I pass) If that helps as a benchmark.

Change your username. I would imagine that you can be identified by that one!

Intelligence corps won't let you anywhere near until you've completed an exam after briefing or main board.
It could be worth asking to visit nearby reserve unit if possible though.

I've only booked a visit with the HCav so far and that was done about 3 months in advance or 1 month after briefing (if I pass) If that helps as a benchmark.

Thats what i intend to do, book them in advance to have a date between breifing and main board.

In terms of the intelligence corps, how is the exam conducted? I wasn't aware of this. I guess ive got some further research!!

You can do the name change thing via the link in the top right which is your user name. In there is an option to change it.

Debenham

Old-Salt
Thats what i intend to do, book them in advance to have a date between breifing and main board.

In terms of the intelligence corps, how is the exam conducted? I wasn't aware of this. I guess ive got some further research!!

Not the foggiest chap, I haven't done it and haven't looked into it.

Latest Threads