Organ donation, live or dead, for fun or profit

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Flagrantviolator, Mar 2, 2009.

?
  1. Donate an organ for profit while living

35.7%
  2. Donate an organ for free, while living for family only

7.1%
  3. Donate after death anonymously

57.1%
  4. Donate anonymously while living

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What are your views on Organ donation>
    Forgot to put in " Do one, you bunch of ghouls! You'll have nothing of mine!"

2. I had better be dead when they take mine or I will give them a surprise.

3. I gave away a Hammond organ to the local fete. They seemed happy enough.

4. Was that a Richard Hammond Organ?

5. I used to believe in organ donation strongly,until i read a article that Donating after death that some of the organs which was given as a gift were given to private patients and money was being made out of it . i personally with drew my consent to stay on the organ donation register because of this .link

6. Yes it was. I actually gave the fete his kidney. They were happy, he was not.

Fuck off chubb. The ink is barely dry from your last banning.

7. Has chubb got a new account?

8. Link?

9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

As you now know its Chubb, would you believe a word it says anyway?

10. Here

11. They are welcome to my lot once I,ve carked it, which by the way I,m feeling this morning, may not be too long. I have given most of them a good thrashing over my lifetime, so they are pretty well fecked. But they just might patch some old tramp up for a couple of years.

12. Ahh.. I've been chubbed.... I feel kinda dirty....

13. Quite a good 8-page thread on this already, here

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=86472/highlight=organ.html

I'm fully in favour of an opt-out, rather than the current opt-in system. Re selling organs - on the one hand, your body, do what you like with it. On the other, a market in organs would presumably lead to a collapse in donations, and hence put the poor at a gross disadvantage.

Irritatingly, Chubb is actually drivelling about a real story:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article5439761.ece

14. I think it's brilliant that given the credit crunch and recession that 1/3 of the arrsers in the world are prepared to make a better life for themselves by selling their organs. given that you can only really give away a single kidney what organs are we prepared to sell and at what cost. I'd do a kidney for £192.18p You could have my left bollock for £200 and one of my curly teeth for 58p.