Oregonian Arrsers

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Chief_Joseph, Jun 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It seems a large percentage of this forum's Yank population originates from the fair state of Oregon (the land of meth and hippies). Let's all come forward now :)

I was born in Portland (a rare thing, most Portlanders are Californians). My Great-great grandparents came to this state in a Covered wagon on the Oregon Trail and settled in the Wallowas. My great Uncle came here as a fugitive after getting his thumb shot off by a Sheriff somewhere in the southwest. My greatgrandmother became the first women to be a judge in Wallowa County, but her real claim to fame is beating up a black bear with a frying pan. Lets hear some other stories :D
  2. Not an Oregon native, sorry to say, but a transplant from Montana. Love it here though, and I call it home.
    Family has a varied (and somewhat checkered) background. To quote my grandmother:"If you look high enough in our family tree, you'll find a horsethief hanging from one of the branches."
  3. Great-grandfather on my father's mother's side came to Portland from Italy around 1900. My grandfather came through Ellis Island and ended up in Portland and then working for the Union Pacific railroad in Eastern Oregon for over 40 years. I graduated from a small high school in E. Oregon but I've lived the last 17 years of my life in the South.
  4. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

My wife is an Oregonian lady. She was born in Portland and went to grade school through college in Oregon. She's retired after 44 years with Northwest Airlines. :wink:
  5. I was born in Philadelphia, PA and grew up in the anthracite coal region of PA. Now live in DC suburbs.
  6. We had a member from Oregan, Medford in fact.

Sadly she is no longer with us

Corporal murdered her
  7. The legendary LadyNavyVet, perchance?
    If half of what I've heard is true, were better off without her.
  8. I've got family in North Bend and I think Coos bay and Tillamook.
    My Aunt was a GI bride and moved there with her USAF husband.

I've seen photos and it looks like a nice place, must go sometime.
  9. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

If you do go, be sure to visit the Oregon coast! You'll love it! :wink:
  10. I can paper fold too. I made a Boeing 747 out of a napkin only the other day.

The following picture is not safe for work or storage within a nuclear bunker.

11. Hey Flash, is that LNV?
  12. Yes it is. God rest her sole.
  13. I always thought she'd be a small wizened lady. Oh well.

May she rest in perpetual agony.

Sorry lads, back to your thread.
  14. No. They used a C5 Galaxy to ferry her body to a land fill site just outside Alabama. You can see her grave on google earth you know.
  15. Got some sad news, fellow Oregonians:
    I'm a member of the Patriot Guard riders forum, and I just recieved an email from the Oregon chapter that one of the missing soldiers from the checkpoint attack in Iraq was Pfc. Thomas Tucker, 25, of Madras.

The other missing is:pfc Kristian Menchaca, 23, Houston, TX

Killed was Spc. David Babineau, 25, Springfield, Mass.