Orders process

Hi tried to look for a thread about this but couldn't find one.

What I'm after is a ppt, word document or anything that breaks the whole process from REEPI to SPOTICA and all those loverly acronyms to something that makes sense. I have found the Battlebox but that I don't know where to look. Any help would be much appreciated.

Log onto forces gate way and it has a 'apps' link just follow that, has apps for most Matts now as well, supports both android and apple devices

Log onto forces gate way and it has a 'apps' link just follow that, has apps for most Matts now as well, supports both android and apple devices
Yep, done that...but which one deals with the orders process?

My Orders process has always been the following.

Introduction
Cautionary
Executionary

Just keep shouting until the task is done.

Go on Army Knowledge Exchange. There is plenty on there. The Brecon Battle Book if pretty good and current.

What exactly are you after? Didn't understand the OP acronyms

Ah, gotcha. That's more about the combat estimate rather than the orders process though, isn't it. Could be wrong but I got the impression that the OP was after something that helped with extraction and writing.

Thanks for the replies. The acronyms that our sergeant went through was REEPI

Receive
Extract
Estimate
Plan
Issue

He went on to the 7 questions and how to produce a map with overlays.

I have heard of the AATAM and I have it from battle box but doesn't really explain the process. What I would ideally like is a step by step guide. I.e What happens who's responsible etc.

Thanks for the pointers about the app though.

Ah, gotcha. That's more about the combat estimate rather than the orders process though, isn't it. Could be wrong but I got the impression that the OP was after something that helped with extraction and writing.
7 questions is the core of the orders process, get that licked and doing orders should be no problem

Erm,

Why do you need to teach yourself with a step-by-step guide?

IBC Brecon, OTC, RMAS etc. will teach you all you need to know or are you just mega keen? It is a very difficult process to properly teach yourself and I would wager most YO's leaving RMAS don't fully understand it, Orders delivery, Effects verbs or Mission Command particularly well.

What level/context are you looking at?

Thanks for the replies. The acronyms that our sergeant went through was REEPI

Receive
Extract
Estimate
Plan
Issue

He went on to the 7 questions and how to produce a map with overlays.

I have heard of the AATAM and I have it from battle box but doesn't really explain the process. What I would ideally like is a step by step guide. I.e What happens who's responsible etc.

Thanks for the pointers about the app though.
The orders process is just a set of logical headings to allow you to break down a particular task. There are so many factors that will determine what you extract and what you deliver depending on your place in the overall mission.

It takes experience unfortunately. Give us some pointers on your rank and I'm sure there are plenty who can guide you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The Training Wing 3
Baz44 Infantry 9
F Army Pay, Claims & JPA 128