Orders format for Cordon and search?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by 303SMLE, Dec 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, I was just wondering if there was an accepted orders format for Cordon and Search operations. I've managed to jiff myself to give a set on a drill night tomorrow (TA). :D Looking through my TAM there isn't a format suggested, so I was thinking you could treat it as a number of seperate ops: 2x convoys (in and out), 1 x House clearance, and lots x VCP's/roadblocks on the cordon, and use the templates for each of these ops as a basis for each phase.

However, I did wonder, given the amount of this going on at the moment, if there was a DS solution kicking around out there?

2. Bugger. I realise I have actually committed a major Faux Pas by posting something relating to actualy military work in the Officers Forum. 8O

Carry on discussing dogs in the mess. :D

3. 303- check your PMs.

4. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

Check the COIN Ops Pam?

dpm

5. Cheers chaps. Brandt, you have pm. DPM, I would love to but unfortunately being a lowly STAB in a plt TAC on the arrse end of the west of Wales, my available PAM resources don't run to things like that.:D

6. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

You should be able to get it from the electronic battle box (ring your Trg Maj for a copy) or from the Intranet or an RLI connection (again, ring your Trg Maj).

dpm