Ordered yesterday, delivered today

ugly

LE
A Brugger and Thomet compact stalking moderator. It would have been here quicker but they needed to check with B&T that its fine for .311 bullets. I now have 3 rifles to take in for moderating from 7 x 57 to 7.65 x 53 with a 7.62 x 39 in there. one mod fits all 3.
Its allegedly good for 10 000 rounds before cleaning and although its not user strippable it goes back for a service then.
Lightweight, yes especially when compared to a T8 or similar, compact definitely and price wise even without my dealer discount its very competitive. IMG-20130829-00709.jpg
It also comes with a gay little webbing pouch!
IMG-20130829-00710.jpg
Its not very big, I only have little hands
IMG-20130829-00711.jpg
A variation is required and these now are serial numbered sadly but no problem for me!

Do these count as a slot on your ticket? What do you have in 7.62 x 39? options in uk look quite limited to cz527 and bugger all else. Definitely a nice looking bit of kit!

ugly

LE
Yes but not a slot, you ask for the variation for a mod, it shouldn't take up an unused slot for a rifle. I have a CZ527, its a good rifle but suffers as the bullet is almost as fat as its long. You cant buy deer legal soft point and I've avoided modding it as I don't want to risk reducing the MV at all. My hand loads are deer legal but having done some tests with a Grendel built on a CZ527 we found that the MV increases slightly when a mod is fitted.
I will check tomorrow but I think I can get rifles screw cut for around £50 plus vat or less if I take in 3 at a time. If they are any dearer a fellow dealer with a lathe will do it for me.
One of the drivers for the mod was the Parker Hale 7x57 I restored with a crappy ringed muzzle. I think it will need to lose the foresight and about 4 or 5 inches of barrel to get to a clean bit. The groups it was throwing were easily over 6 inches at best.
If it doesn't solve it I will rebarrel into a 7.62 x 55 wild cat.

ugly

LE
Looks nice.

Before I got to your comment on the pouch, I thought 'that is as gay as satan'.

I think the pouch needs to be on ticket too. :)
It will only be used to transport it I promise.

ugly

LE
I saw something on Sky the other day showing bobblehatted wanderers going out at night wearing luminous vests to stop the nasty men killing badgers.

I was thinking quietley.

ugly

LE
Well if the pointyheads do their job the lot will be locked up for breaching the injunction! Be safer that way!

ugly

LE

ugly

LE

ugly

LE
Looks a lot more practical than a T8 - go on, whats one of them retail at then?
Should be 350 but I'll do them for 330 or less with part ex!
As your old mod won't have a ser no its an easy swap I would think.

have got a spare slot for a mod actually - but it will likely be a save up for my own christmas pressie job... defo loks like a nice one though, cheers.

ugly

LE
have got a spare slot for a mod actually - but it will likely be a save up for my own christmas pressie job... defo loks like a nice one though, cheers.
I'll keep you updated with its progress