Ordered yesterday, delivered today

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Aug 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

A Brugger and Thomet compact stalking moderator. It would have been here quicker but they needed to check with B&T that its fine for .311 bullets. I now have 3 rifles to take in for moderating from 7 x 57 to 7.65 x 53 with a 7.62 x 39 in there. one mod fits all 3.
    Its allegedly good for 10 000 rounds before cleaning and although its not user strippable it goes back for a service then.
    Lightweight, yes especially when compared to a T8 or similar, compact definitely and price wise even without my dealer discount its very competitive. IMG-20130829-00709.jpg
    It also comes with a gay little webbing pouch!
    IMG-20130829-00710.jpg
    Its not very big, I only have little hands
    IMG-20130829-00711.jpg
    A variation is required and these now are serial numbered sadly but no problem for me!

2. Do these count as a slot on your ticket? What do you have in 7.62 x 39? options in uk look quite limited to cz527 and bugger all else. Definitely a nice looking bit of kit!

3. Looks nice.

Before I got to your comment on the pouch, I thought 'that is as gay as satan'.

I think the pouch needs to be on ticket too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Yes but not a slot, you ask for the variation for a mod, it shouldn't take up an unused slot for a rifle. I have a CZ527, its a good rifle but suffers as the bullet is almost as fat as its long. You cant buy deer legal soft point and I've avoided modding it as I don't want to risk reducing the MV at all. My hand loads are deer legal but having done some tests with a Grendel built on a CZ527 we found that the MV increases slightly when a mod is fitted.
    I will check tomorrow but I think I can get rifles screw cut for around £50 plus vat or less if I take in 3 at a time. If they are any dearer a fellow dealer with a lathe will do it for me.
    One of the drivers for the mod was the Parker Hale 7x57 I restored with a crappy ringed muzzle. I think it will need to lose the foresight and about 4 or 5 inches of barrel to get to a clean bit. The groups it was throwing were easily over 6 inches at best.
    If it doesn't solve it I will rebarrel into a 7.62 x 55 wild cat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It will only be used to transport it I promise.

6. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just the tool for badger culling. :cool:

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nah, cage trap and .17 HMR would be my recommendation!

• Like Like x 2
  9. I saw something on Sky the other day showing bobblehatted wanderers going out at night wearing luminous vests to stop the nasty men killing badgers.

I was thinking quietley.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well if the pointyheads do their job the lot will be locked up for breaching the injunction! Be safer that way!

11. It's long overdue.

Place is overrun with them.

12. Wasn't it Rolf Harris who used to present Badger Watch?

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Tree huggers, Badgers and Nonces!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Your gaff is a bit of a tip isn't it! :)

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

And then some! No marching in or out in Civ Div!

• Like Like x 1