Order to halt student deportations

#1
Immigration officers have been told not to deport foreign students who overstay their visas in most cases.

A memo sent to the Border and Immigration Agency's regional directors tells them not to enforce such cases unless they are deemed to be priorities.

The order, from director of enforcement Jonathan Lindley, followed a case in which BIA chief executive Lin Homer personally intervened to halt a deportation.

Ms Homer has insisted that student cases that involve fraud or corruption will continue to result in the removal of the individual involved.


Just when you thought the government could not be any less competent.

msr
 
#2
Is this not pertaining to students who are late in renewing their visa?

The BBC seems to think so

In the memo to regional directors at the BIA, director of enforcement Jonathan Lindley said a law change from 1 September 2007 had led to a rise in the number of refusals for students who apply to stay in the UK after their visas have expired.

'Quick removal'

Applicants who are out of time, even by just one day, are automatically refused a further stay and this had led to some "enforced" removals, the memo said.
 
#3
I heard it on the Radio this morning and ws shocked by what I heard. i just can not see the logic, Student Visa's are the worst abused. When are the next elections?
 
#4
Sven said:
Is this not pertaining to students who are late in renewing their visa?

The BBC seems to think so

In the memo to regional directors at the BIA, director of enforcement Jonathan Lindley said a law change from 1 September 2007 had led to a rise in the number of refusals for students who apply to stay in the UK after their visas have expired.

'Quick removal'

Applicants who are out of time, even by just one day, are automatically refused a further stay and this had led to some "enforced" removals, the memo said.
Why are they sending them in late? They do not have any excuse. It's alegal document for crying out loud.
 
#5
This Government knows it's in it's last death throws and seems determined to allow as many illegals to stay as possible, the destruction of Great Britain as it once was is well on track, it's what Labour wants.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#6
Get your tax returns in late by one day - £100, no excuses.

What is so difficult for students . . . . oh, getting out of bed.

Sod them - if they need a visa, and it runs over, and let's not forget, these are not European students, get rid, forthwith.

When they apply for the visa, the terms and conditions are made perfectly clear.
 
#7
LordVonHarley said:
Sven said:
Is this not pertaining to students who are late in renewing their visa?

The BBC seems to think so

In the memo to regional directors at the BIA, director of enforcement Jonathan Lindley said a law change from 1 September 2007 had led to a rise in the number of refusals for students who apply to stay in the UK after their visas have expired.

'Quick removal'

Applicants who are out of time, even by just one day, are automatically refused a further stay and this had led to some "enforced" removals, the memo said.
Why are they sending them in late? They do not have any excuse. It's alegal document for crying out loud.
Have You ever talked or worked with students. They are incapable of working to a timetable.
 
#8
ViolentBadger said:
This Government knows it's in it's last death throws and seems determined to allow as many illegals to stay as possible, the destruction of Great Britain as it once was is well on track, it's what Labour wants.
Really VB? I mean, honestly; that's what you think? So they're all sitting there thinking of ways to screw the country?

More like they have no clue and the country is falling down around them.
 
#9
Biped said:
Get your tax returns in late by one day - £100, no excuses.

What is so difficult for students . . . . oh, getting out of bed.

Sod them - if they need a visa, and it runs over, and let's not forget, these are not European students, get rid, forthwith.

When they apply for the visa, the terms and conditions are made perfectly clear.
No, they aren't from the EU - they are the ones who pay international fees. Quite a large income for the colleges/unis
 
#10
Sven said:
Biped said:
Get your tax returns in late by one day - £100, no excuses.

What is so difficult for students . . . . oh, getting out of bed.

Sod them - if they need a visa, and it runs over, and let's not forget, these are not European students, get rid, forthwith.

When they apply for the visa, the terms and conditions are made perfectly clear.
No, they aren't from the EU - they are the ones who pay international fees. Quite a large income for the colleges/unis
So that excuses them from following the rules then?
 
#11
Ord_Sgt said:
Sven said:
Biped said:
Get your tax returns in late by one day - £100, no excuses.

What is so difficult for students . . . . oh, getting out of bed.

Sod them - if they need a visa, and it runs over, and let's not forget, these are not European students, get rid, forthwith.

When they apply for the visa, the terms and conditions are made perfectly clear.
No, they aren't from the EU - they are the ones who pay international fees. Quite a large income for the colleges/unis
So that excuses them from following the rules then?
No, but HMG has a choice, relax the rules for students (that were only changed in September, remember) or the educational establishments lose out on millions.
 
#13
if they are actually paying huge fees etc and its cause there cack students sending the goon squad round and paying for a forced deportation is possibly a bit excessive :x
better off kicking out some failed assylum seekers :twisted:
 
#15
Sven said:
Doesn't the ruling pertain to students and not ex students who have finished their training?
It doesn't matter.

Immigration officers have been told not to deport foreign students who overstay their visas, unless they have broken other laws, a leaked memo reveals.

This government has lost control.

msr
 
#16
I meet a lot working as motorcycle couriers in London. They all seem to be studying "English as a foreign language" from college's based in Oxford Street. They all exceed the hours they are allowed to work. Invariably they go home after a short stay with my custody sergeant.

I don't believe Oxford Street is one of the redbrick uni's .
 
#17
Sven said:
Have You ever talked or worked with students. They are incapable of working to a timetable.
I do on a daily basis. Specifically, the very International Students who require visas to stay in UK. They generally are far better motivated than home-grown, because they and their families are paying such a phenomenal amount of money for their education. With the exception of some Saudis a few years back, I can't think of a single international I've known or heard about who didn't have get-up-and-go in spades.

Most Universities have dedicated International Student Advisors, who are there for the sole purpose of helping them get over official hurdles they may not be aware of. These Advisors can submit visa extension applications on behalf of the student through the IND Batch Scheme, allowing them to be fast-tracked. Providing the application is submitted before the current visa expires, there is never a problem unless the extension request is refused. I've never seen such a case, myself.

From my point of view, there's no excuse for not being organised and getting this sorted out in advance. If you want to spend your holidays with your family that's perfectly understandable, but if you know you've still got another year of study ahead you should square your shit away before you go.
 
#18
mediumwhiteamericano said:
ViolentBadger said:
This Government knows it's in it's last death throws and seems determined to allow as many illegals to stay as possible, the destruction of Great Britain as it once was is well on track, it's what Labour wants.
Really VB? I mean, honestly; that's what you think? So they're all sitting there thinking of ways to screw the country?

More like they have no clue and the country is falling down around them.
1973 was the first year I had the vote, I thought then that the Liberals were wet farts, the Labour Party were disguised Communists and the Tories were the most Democratic nothing has changed my views since then. The Labour party as Communists were IMO going to be the most damaging to GB. I don't think they sit around each day thinking how to screw the Country but their "master" plan which was/is to turn the country in to a Communist style state controlled paradise underlies everything they do. Remember these tw@ts not so long ago were singing "keep the red flag flying".
 
#19
ViolentBadger said:
mediumwhiteamericano said:
ViolentBadger said:
This Government knows it's in it's last death throws and seems determined to allow as many illegals to stay as possible, the destruction of Great Britain as it once was is well on track, it's what Labour wants.
Really VB? I mean, honestly; that's what you think? So they're all sitting there thinking of ways to screw the country?

More like they have no clue and the country is falling down around them.
1973 was the first year I had the vote, I thought then that the Liberals were wet farts, the Labour Party were disguised Communists and the Tories were the most Democratic nothing has changed my views since then. The Labour party as Communists were IMO going to be the most damaging to GB. I don't think they sit around each day thinking how to screw the Country but their "master" plan which was/is to turn the country in to a Communist style state controlled paradise underlies everything they do. Remember these tw@ts not so long ago were singing "keep the red flag flying".
So what's the answer? Who would you be happy with? If an election was called who would you vote for? None of the above?
 
#20
mediumwhiteamericano said:
ViolentBadger said:
mediumwhiteamericano said:
ViolentBadger said:
This Government knows it's in it's last death throws and seems determined to allow as many illegals to stay as possible, the destruction of Great Britain as it once was is well on track, it's what Labour wants.
Really VB? I mean, honestly; that's what you think? So they're all sitting there thinking of ways to screw the country?

More like they have no clue and the country is falling down around them.
1973 was the first year I had the vote, I thought then that the Liberals were wet farts, the Labour Party were disguised Communists and the Tories were the most Democratic nothing has changed my views since then. The Labour party as Communists were IMO going to be the most damaging to GB. I don't think they sit around each day thinking how to screw the Country but their "master" plan which was/is to turn the country in to a Communist style state controlled paradise underlies everything they do. Remember these tw@ts not so long ago were singing "keep the red flag flying".
So what's the answer? Who would you be happy with? If an election was called who would you vote for? None of the above?
I don't have an answer, Military Coup anyone ? I'd vote, in a general election, Tory as I have always done. Not the best solution but better than the rest.
 

Latest Threads