Order of the White Feather for Windbag Williams

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Feb 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A couple of Blogs and Forums are starting the above campaign.

Requirements: Envelope, Stamp & White Feather (or image thereof)

Send to:

Dr Rowan Williams
    Betrayer of the Faith
    Lambeth Palace
    SE1 7JU

Attached Files:

2. Hmmm. Not sure he's guilty of cowardice - no more than any other Anglican, that is - but he is guilty of mind-numbing stupidity and of a betrayal of his own Church and everything it stands for.

Not bad for an afternoon's work, that.

One up the hoop to him from me.

(edite to add that the 'one up the hoop' would be a boot, not anything vulgar or horrid).
  3. Order of the 9mm would seem more appropriate...
  4. as a b o c he should be lambasting the cuntries under forms of sharia law on the drugs export business. Fukc these people who want to have a 2 tier society.
  5. As if.

However, Williams is a man who has a known track record of backing down from his lofty moral ground in the face of pressure.
  6. I don't see how his statements are cowardice.

In fact, given the inevitabilty of the knee-jek pasting that they've got I think an argument can be made that speaking out in this way is actually rather brave, whether you agree with his point of view or not.
  7. I have just snorted beer out of my nose!

"The only good thing about Dr Rowan Williams is that, being a Christian, once I've stabbed him in one side of his face, he has to turn the other cheek so I can easily pierce the other side of his smug, hairy twat-face.

And then we can start calling him "Kit" Williams. As in "assembly kit". As in one lamp-post; one length of rope; one illiberal, Welsh, Archbishop of Canterbury: some assembly required."

There is a deep Moral Cowardice in the Liberal church establishment he represents: the unwillingness to say no, that is wrong for fear of being accused of racism or some failure to accept all forms of "otherness" on any terms. You choose to live in a country, you abide by the law of this country and not carve one out for yourself.

I have an idea: he can go to Saudi and pass out some Bibles
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Fcuk me! How many ARRSERS have posted up on that blog FFS?

9. Not really; he was reportedly "shocked" by the reaction. Which begs the question: just how fcuking stupid IS he?! 8O

At the end of the day, he's a just stupid little man with very little real power and influence outside of his increasingly meaningless organisation.

Both politicians and real people will have a good laugh at William's pathetic ramblings, then go back to ignoring the cnut. :roll:
  10. I have gone right off Christians recently. I have no time for Jews or Muslims either.

Monotheistic religion is the root of all evil.
  11. So many posters, so many who have not read the Archbishop's lecture. (Surprized you are in that bag 'Cad').

I have suspected for some months that this site is geared to: 'half-brainers' and New Labour apologists. (Remember: New Labour does not do God).

In Bliar's Britain an intellect is something to be avoided, or deprecated by the lame-brains resident in government and in the republican Murdoch's media world. It is, therefore, to be regretted that the Archbishop has intellect in spades!

12. Why should I listen to a grown man with a make-believe friend who tells him what to do?

This does not however make me Neue Arbeit.

If you wish to believe then knock yourself out but do not think that by foisting this bullsh1t upon me you are doing me a favour.

This applies to every religion out there.
  13. I have. Three times. And all the subsequent "clarifications" plus the transcript of the BBC interview. Good job I have the ability to suspend boredom really.

I know what he is saying and understand the issues involved. Williams is a highly intelligent theologian attempting to rationalise the interaction of the legal system with religious beliefs, suggesting that suitable accomodations could be reached.

And he is still a cnut.