Orange, Red, Yellow.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CC_TA, May 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Mark Rothko work sold for record $86.9m at auction

Mark Rothko's Orange, red, yellow has been sold for $86.9 million (£53.8m) - the highest price ever fetched by a piece of contemporary art at auction.

Right, can any of you art farty type cunts explain:

How the fuckingcuntyballbagjuice is that worth £53.8m?

Why you would want to pay that fucking much for it?

Why is that considered art? (I've Spewed up better efforts than that on the lash with Prince Albert!)

I'm off to get some used bog roll out and see how much that is worth! Fuck a cuntin duck!
  2. Philistine,don't you appreciate amazing art when you see it?
  3. I do indeed, the key word in your question is 'when' It's fucking wank! :)

(And who's this bird Phyllis you're going on about?)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Blast! I was going to put a phone bid in myself, I didn't check my timings, and I always turn my phone off in Iceland. That is so annoying.
  5. It was sold just before I cleaned my brushes, sorry.

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not bad for an ARRSE Charity auction!
  7. From The Telegraph's art critic;

These subtly spiritual works, when properly lit, are thought to offer a similar lofty experience that one gets in a place of worship, like a cathedral. Only their refusal to associate with language, or any period in art history, mean they transcend the specificity of religion. But like religious icons, they don't stand up to reproduction. Physically, they rank among the most precious objects in contemporary art. In our age of mass digital reproduction these works are valueless when reproduced as printed copies, but to behold them in the flesh is the closest you will come on earth to having your retinas singed (without gazing into a hot sun).

So if you had had the foresight to pop over to Los Angeles and see the real thing hanging on the wall you would have been mightily impressed.
  8. That is striking, beautiful, absolutely stunning, now can I wipe my bottom on it please?
  9. i think it represents the
    tri-ality of man
    some are orange
    some are yellow
    and some are red
    this could be all bollox
    by the way
  10. Somebody beat you to it by the look of things
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I think it represents the gullibility of man.

Some are stupid cocks with too much money...
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I don't mind sharing, its lacking in a bit of brown!
  13. Fantastic. I'll even let you guess which part is my....errrrrr...contribution
  14. That is just disgusting....errrr the red part?
  15. I'm afraid I can't do links because I'm on a moby but if someone could do the honours on behalf the ARRSE art appreciation society and stick Zanni Yeah! Into Google they'll find images etc attatched this gem:

'Zani has been painting using vaginal and anal enemas and has created many beautiful splash-effect images'.

Not sure if there are any action shots but I reckon she gives Jackson Pollock a 'run' for his money.