Orange i phone

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by boo907, Aug 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My mobile contract expires in 2 weeks. I contacted Orange and mentioned the 2 most powerful words in mobile technology, i phone. Orange dont do i phones , so they offered me a new deal , a free blackberry curve, 600 minutes, free e mail and 500Mb WAP and 600 txt , for £ 19 a month, previously i paid £25 for 100 free minutes. Happy days am lovin the credit crunch .
  2. I hope you read the small print. It might be £19 for the first 18 months, but you could be tied in and it could double after that. 500 MB isn't all that much data-wise anyway.

Do you often spend 10 hours on the phone a month?
  3. Nobody likes a show-off...

4. Hi BZ it is an 18 month contract then re negotiable, its 20 minutes a day so yes its a good deal for me . I am not showing off , but pointing out what you can get by haggling with your supplier. As for the 500 Mb am still not sure how much that is or will last but it sounds a lot !
  5. Wait until October and they'll have the i-phone.

O2's exclusive contract runs out then.
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

7. Ist T mobile expected to take it up when O2 lose it, still reckon it will be kept to 1 supplier, so orange wont get a look in
  8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

there are better phones and media players out there. as ever with apple products, it's a triumph of hype over substance, and proof if ever it were needed that a fool and their money are soon parted.
  9. Do you mind Sir, I resemble that remark! :D

10. They are indeed remarkably average even in their latest incarnation.

Apple have just done their usual trick of "make it pretty, and give the fools who buy it enough stupid little add ons to take their mind off the f ucking rubbish we've punted them, whilst making all eleventy billion of them feel exclusive"

No one in the telecoms industry is getting that much of a hard on about 02 losing exclusivity, its just another phone and therefore in their eyes a disposable bit of tat they dont want you to get too attached to, otherwise you wont want the next shiny bit of disposable tat marketed as "the next best shiniest thing you HAVE to have" because the day that happens, they are all f ucked.
  11. My missus has an iphone, guess what ? Its bollocks.
  12. you absolute cock sucker
    i-phone is one fucking word cuntflaps
    also its not the one of the
    you apple loving mongtard

13. Someone's been reading Kelvin Mackenzie.
  14. While O2 are loosing "exclusivity " over the current 3G i-phone, they will have exclusivity (for at least one year) for the new i-phone coming out in a few months.

Personally I think they are seriously cráp. If I want to watch TV or browse the internet for ages I use my tv or computer. Blackberry's are much better for sending emails and sms, and a damn sight more secure.
  15. Do you spend £19 a month on calls?

Get your self on fleabay if you must look like a chave, type, Dual sim phones in search, iPhone clones for £50.

Mates got one, it looks chavvy does the job and and you can choose your provider, he took his in to a phone shop to see if he could get a new stylus and they couldn't tell the difference, mind you most of the twats in phone shops struggle to tell the difference between a Big Mac and KFC party bucket.