Orange Broadband

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by ArmySurplusSpecial, Feb 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm having a problem with my livebox that i use with Orange Broadband.

Ive used it with no probs for about 2 years now, i connect wirelessly with the laptop and also with the PC via a PCi card.

Im away working in China and the long haired general is using the PC. She phones today, no broadband. Gone through all the usual checks, reset livebox, tried to pair with PCi card etc etc to no avail.

What concerns me is that the connection is usually encrypted however its showing as open now, even tho nothing has been changed, the lights flashing indicate that the BB signal is there but there maybe a problem with password, anyone had this before??
  2. I had similar, theres a reset combination of buttons to press. phone the callcentre grunts, they should be able to help. Of course the best course of action would be to launch the thing out the window and buy a non issued router
  3. I have Orange broadband too and want to go wireless. Which is the best router to go for ?
  4. The live box they give you is useless, mine lasted the whole of a night before the DHCP server when tits on it, due to being on R&R I didn't want to wait 5 days for a replacement so bought a Belkin N1, no dramas at all with it after nearly a year. Same drama happened to my brother as well. All in all they're the cheapest thing available and totally useless.
  5. I would have said Belkin until Dixons Stores Group started pushing them in a big way.
    Now I would have to say Netgear. They also have good telephone support
  6. Is ADSL what i am looking for or something else?
  7. syledis,

the orange box is wireless enabled you need to set up the wireless part.

If you want help PM me

8. Thanks for the offer, i get home in 3 weeks and if its ok ill contact you then

9. Yeah that's the badger I have, little bit ugly but hide it out of site and away you go.