OR and Officer no 2

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by possforta, Dec 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I hear that it may be acceptable for Officers in the TA to wear OR no 2 dress with the buttons and stuff changed...anyone?
    Also, what is the actual differences apart from buttons?
    Cheers

2. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Whilst some regiments may have different buttons for ORs and Officers, most don't. The primary difference between the two uniforms was the style of cut, most noticeable in the shape of pocket flaps and pocket pleats. I believe the new FAD No.2 dress is standard to all ranks and based on the Officers' SD.

3. Absolutely not. That's why you get a uniform allowance. As RP says FAD coming in, separate SD due to end (allegedly) all the examples I have seen look absolutely dreadful though.

4. Yeah that's the way we roll in the TAs, don't bother buying SD your only going to have to wear it once a year for Remembrance and then as many weddings, christenings and school parent nights as you can cram in. The civvies can't tell the difference anyway mate, go for it.

We normally just go for C95 for hanging around in motorway services ,Tesco and train stations. For the pub a pair of £10, 1989 style, stonewashed Wranglers and a unit T-shirt or jumper will do.

5. can I wear it to parties with medals off eBay?

6. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

check with your CSM .. . .ohh wait a minute.. ..

7. msr

msr LE

Not any more you don't...

8. Dont forget issue fleece and H- tec trainers, I love wearing them