• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

OR and Officer no 2

So I hear that it may be acceptable for Officers in the TA to wear OR no 2 dress with the buttons and stuff changed...anyone?
Also, what is the actual differences apart from buttons?
Cheers

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Whilst some regiments may have different buttons for ORs and Officers, most don't. The primary difference between the two uniforms was the style of cut, most noticeable in the shape of pocket flaps and pocket pleats. I believe the new FAD No.2 dress is standard to all ranks and based on the Officers' SD.

So I hear that it may be acceptable for Officers in the TA to wear OR no 2 dress with the buttons and stuff changed...anyone?
Also, what is the actual differences apart from buttons?
Cheers
Absolutely not. That's why you get a uniform allowance. As RP says FAD coming in, separate SD due to end (allegedly) all the examples I have seen look absolutely dreadful though.

Yeah that's the way we roll in the TAs, don't bother buying SD your only going to have to wear it once a year for Remembrance and then as many weddings, christenings and school parent nights as you can cram in. The civvies can't tell the difference anyway mate, go for it.

We normally just go for C95 for hanging around in motorway services ,Tesco and train stations. For the pub a pair of £10, 1989 style, stonewashed Wranglers and a unit T-shirt or jumper will do.

Yeah that's the way we roll in the TAs, don't bother buying SD your only going to have to wear it once a year for Remembrance and then as many weddings, christenings and school parent nights as you can cram in. The civvies can't tell the difference anyway mate, go for it.

We normally just go for C95 for hanging around in motorway services ,Tesco and train stations. For the pub a pair of £10, 1989 style, stonewashed Wranglers and a unit T-shirt or jumper will do.
Dont forget issue fleece and H- tec trainers, I love wearing them

Latest Threads