Optimum Pair for PM and Chancellor

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tattybadger, Apr 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Given that the incumbent clowns seem doomed to a footnote in history as the most incompetent leadership team ever to live in Downing st - who would you replace them with?

For me William Hague and Vince Cable.

And a fiver says that Brown is out of office by end of Sep 09 (if any takers all proceeds to H4H)

2. Duet?

I can't imagine them singing "endless love" with each other *shudders*

If you mean Duo then David Davis and Vince Cable get my nod.

3. I did!

4. Abbot and Costello ?

5. Vince isn't all he's cracked up to be. For me, it has to be:-

PM : David 'Did you call my pint a poof' Davis
    Chancellor : Mervyn King - the guv'nor who told Gordon to stop spending.

Of course, if I had a completely free hand and chose from among anybody in history:-

PM : Attila the Hun - no more fecking asylum seekers or 'problem' housing estates
    Chancelor : Jesus of Nazareth - we'll be needing some of that 'loaves and fishes' action with the public finances after Gordon goes.

I don't think Gordon will go before the election. Short of nicking the crown jewels and hiding them in Dave's wheelie bin for the police to find, Labour can do nothing to avoid the inevitable hammering that's coming their way. Nobody will volunteer to lead the Labour party into their very own Valley of Death.

6. Jeffrey Archer and Nick Leeson.

7. PM: Paddy Pantsdown.
    Chancellor: Richard Branson.

8. I have made no secret of my wishes to see Davis as Pm.With Dan Hannan (yes I know he is a johnny come lately,or more to the point,I am) looking like a promising natural successor.It is heartening to see such talent and potential within the libertarian corners of the tories.

As for the big book cooker? Tommy Cooper.

He has probably lost a bit of his flair in recent years but would still do a better job than catapillar eyebrows.

Edit to add...

Upon reflection thats a bit unfair on Darling,as he is only a sock puppet/fall guy.

9. Isn't the PM effectively doing both jobs now with Darling as his muted animated marionette.

He (the PM) can do the work of two men, as proven, Laurel and Hardy.

In all seriousness though, David Michael Davis (Member of Parliament for the constituency of Haltemprice and Howden) as PM and Vince Cable as Chancellor of the Exchequer.

10. I think if Alan Milburn stepped up it would put a few noses out of joint, Vince Cable, nice old duffer, but it's easy to talk the talk.

11. I believe he has walked the walk as well.

12. No disrespect to Mr Cable, but in my opinion Alan Milburn is the one to watch, Gordon Brown can only lead Labour to disaster, if they can bin him soon they might stand a chance.

13. I would be very happy to see a David Davis and Vince Cable alliance. Two top blokes who both appear to exude common sense. Throw Daniel Hannan into the mix and we then have a straight talking set up ready for business.

14. Milburn - another marxist radical who has tried to change his spots through Blairism.

Another Labour crony full of spin and lies.

15. Hjalmar Schacht to manage the money, Wen Jiabao to spend it.

Can't argue with success.