OPTAG

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Vitruvian, Jan 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning all,

I'm sorry to begin my ARRSE posting with a request, but I'm in need of a small favour, if anyone's able.

I'm deploying to Afghan in March, and am due to attend an OPTAG course next week. I've been told that joining instructions were to be sent to my inbox sometime in the last couple of weeks, however they haven't turned up. I realise it was slightly remiss of me not to chase it up until this week, but I had hoped they would materialise early this week. Obviously it's getting closer to next week, and I'm in the dark as to what I need to take with me.

So, I was wondering if someone who is attending the course would mind e-mailing me a copy of the joining instructions. I will, of course, provide my mod.uk e-mail address if someone PMs me.

Thanks in advance,

-V

2. I take it you are talking about the IR course at Lydd Camp? All you need is some wet weather kit for the outside stands each afternoon. The rest of the lectures are indoors. You don't need webbing or anything as you don't participate in anything. You just watch and get bored. You'll need your own bedding. Report on the Sunday between 1400 and 2100 at Lydd Camp, Building 10 (it's signposted) where you'll be signed in and given accommodation. You finish Thursday afternoon around 1400. If you have no joy with JI's then pm me or ask here.

3. Thanks very much for the info. I've tried calling and emailing Lydd, with no joy. I'll give it till the end of the of day, and if nothing shows up, I'll PM you.

Thanks again.

4. Does anyone have the phone number?? Ive booked my hirecar a day early by mistake and want to know if I can turn up a day early.

5. Take enough painkillers to allow yourself to OD after day one. Its god awful. Everything about it is shit.

6. Have you got access to dii, if so pm your details as i'm in work tomorrow

7. If you turn up a day early you wont gte fed. Plenty fo pubs down town though that do scran.

8. No, I'm at home and going straight down.

Worst case scenario I'll sleep in the car in the carpark lol

9. pm sent....

10. I was told that the OPTAG tick-in-the-box lasted for 6 months after your return from tour by an admin bod who waited just long enough for me to do the maths (a very patient man) and start smirking like a smug fool before telling me my deployment date had shifted 2 days and I would unfortunately be out of date.

I amused myself by finishing off the ECM bods punchlines for him. God it was bad.