OPSEC - Why would anyone want to sell/buy this anyway!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mag_to_grid, Jan 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just trawling through ebay and I found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROYAL-MILITARY-POLICE-CLOONEY-BASE-DISBANDMENT-PHOTO_W0QQitemZ160204015411QQihZ006QQcategoryZ36078QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Firstly, why would anyone want to sell/buy it? Secondly I am on the picture FFS! Is there anyone else on here who is on the pic who wants to email the seller like I am going to to voice their concerns? I am quite concerned as a lot of the people on the pic are still serving.

Mods feel free to move this into the ebay thread if you see fit.

2. Don't tell me, you're the one in the red beret next to 'Dave' and 'Smiffy'.... :roll:

It boogles the mind that a. anyone would sell this crap (no disrespect to those in the picie), b. anyone would buy it and c. just how the hell do you find it without a thorough trawel of fleabay!

Wonder how much it makes and where are all my old picies!

3. I was just trawling for a small crown beret so I dont have to wear the landing pad that I got out of the stores and then I saw that.

4. I think you mean PERSEC rather than OPSEC, its just a picture though. It isnt mounted and listed with names etc.

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Who the fcuk would want it anyway?

"Wow, were you in that lot then?"

"Yeah, shortly before joining 49 para!"

"Wow, which one are you, I can't see you . . ."

"No, I was covert in that one, now get in the cellar!"

6. Be honest, you only bothered posting this to tell us you were in the photo, it's hardly breaching anyones anything is it.

7. I might buy it! It looks great :)

I used to live in Clooney base. In the portacabins up behind the bar. Sh1thole!

8. Hahaha. My brother in law is on that picture. We've got it at home! He probably wouldn't be too happy about its sale, royalty payments non withstanding. :)

9. Was that big RMP bird there still? She had a very pretty face. She was with WIS I think? I'd have given her one.

10. Try Henry Du Boras in Aldershot. they do small crown berets in most bog standard colours, don't know if they do RMP though - I've used them for years as a size 60 beret, landing pad type looks fcuking awful :oops:

11. I know which one you mean, shes on that pic! Are you going to buy it and laminate it smudge?

12. That's the whole point smudge, they could ALL be big RMP women as far as the resolution of the ebay advert goes. It's a limited interest sale, in fact very limited to A, people in the picture B, Military collectors C, Local historians D, uber walts.

It isn't classified, it isn't illegal to sell it, no-one has copyright of it.

13. Err yeah, there are a few people on that pic who wouldnt want to be identified in uniform.

14. I understand what you are saying but it's going to be hard to do anything about it.

edited to add...Ebay certainly wont give a toss!

edited to add again...Thinking about it you have probably done more to affect persec issues by raising the detail on this forum which as you know is read by allsorts. What do you reckon ?

15. I'll give that a miss, bit if you can get in touch with her, tell her I'd give her a few minutes of sweaty passion if she's available ;)