• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Opsec or Waltsec Thread

cpunk

LE
Apparently, the subject of this thread claims to have been 'set up'. True or not, I think it's time to draw a line under it and give him some time to work on his excuses.

G

Goku

Are you referring to one of those faceparty chavs?
Pte Golden showers I presume? :D

He deleted his profile anyway (had a quick peek when it was mentioned in the mod's bit). Agree with cpunk, it's gone from having a laugh on the various walt threads in the Int Cell and NAAFI to some real witch hunting of late. Even the "Idi Amin" thread got out of hand and that started out tame enough with a subject matter who was a legend in his own boxer-shorts well known to many.

Well if I was caught like that I'd say it was a set up too :wink:

cpunk

LE
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
like to see how he explains his semi-naked webcam pose as a set-up? :)
That's why I think he needs time to work on his excuses :D

The fact is that a large, steaming turd has just plopped into the middle of this guys career and whatever the real cause was, the stench is going to linger for a long time. I don't think it's Arrse's job to make it any worse: he is, after all, a serving soldier.

let's face it. he's f*cked up, we've all done it. and i'm sure he will now go on to be at least a WO2 :)

i remember when capt underpants got posted to our unit. she was then a major - didnt do her any real harm, and she was plastered all over the currant bun in school uniform!

DozyBint said:
You've pre-emptively amended your profile then, P-P?! :p
What? As if..... isn't me sat in a rocket impressive enough? And it is me honest, it's only the rocket that's been 'moved'!

cpunk said:
I don't think it's Arrse's job to make it any worse: he is, after all, a serving soldier.
Does one assume that the defining criteria for moderation in such cases, is based on the amount of national media coverage one has already recieved?

In comparison, the thread below relating to a certain Sainsbury's shopper is still running for 11 pages, albeit with some prudent, but light moderation in place.

Unless a plea for clemency has been recieved from a grown-up, in xxxxx xxxxxx's chain of command, I for one feel he deserves to be judged by his peers; just as she has been.

Edited by Mod

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
let's face it. he's f*cked up, we've all done it. and i'm sure he will now go on to be at least a WO2 :)

i remember when capt underpants got posted to our unit. she was then a major - didnt do her any real harm, and she was plastered all over the currant bun in school uniform!
Ahh yes, the story of my life. But at least when I've f*cked up - thankfully not quite as often and as spectacularly as I used to - at least I had the integrity to cough to it. That said, if this bloke gets away with this (in the face of some strong photographic evidence that he wasn't "set up") then CR has done him a dis-service. He deserves to be at least an LE Lt Col!!!!!!

cpunk

LE
subbsonic said:
cpunk said:
I don't think it's Arrse's job to make it any worse: he is, after all, a serving soldier.
Does one assume that the defining criteria for moderation in such cases, is based on the amount of national media coverage one has already recieved?
Nope, it's based on the simple criterion of whether individuals who are not public figures should be named on Arrse, particularly in the context of severe fück ups; which is the same criterion on which I moderated the other thread, and for which I received a certain amount of criticism because it was assumed that I'd only done it because the person concerned was an officer. The same deal applies to a similar thread in the other forum I moderate and is general policy across Arrse.