Ops in Afganistan

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by emptyeye, Jan 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

Why does the walt at the end smash all the windows and put his foot litterally through the door? Buildings like that would only ever have been NGO, School or Govt.

2. Because he's a tit that had a camera on him.
  3. its mongs like that who give everybody else a bad name and tarnishes the honour and memory of the guys who have been killed.

needs a good shoeing with his rifle butt...
  4. I could not agree more - a total cnut and I hope he and the camera man get done for it.
    Rant over.
  5. That mong and walt is one of the same blokes that all you civvies were lauding a couple of months ago. So he broke a window. Whoopee doo. He should have rolled an L109 in there first.
    People like you lot make me puke, forever slumped in your ivory towers passing judgement and comments on something you know nothing or little about.

Rant over
  6. what a dick. some of it was quite interesting, ruined by the sheep at the end being egged on by the cameraman.
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

G_B's right. So the guy at the end acted up a bit for the camera? So fcuking what? It was on his mate's cam.

Does that reduce your admiration for the blokes out there? Get a grip for fcuk's sake.
  8. 307

307 War Hero

I've got to echo geordies comments, unless any of you were there, 15 seconds of footage isnt enough to pass judgement. Like the man says a couple of Grenade Hand HE L109 would have fuckd things up considerably more.
  9. Well said that man. The fighting out there was pretty graphic to say the least. That bloke was probably one of the A Coy lads in Sangin town. Breaking a few windows? FFS!

Too many armchair generals in here.
  10. Listening to both sides - both arguments are valid!

yes, good footage of what is going on out in Afghan.

yes, the last 10 seconds spoil it because one bloke and his camera!

dont these loons ever learn. Look what happened to the RRF and the LI - with 'leaked' footage of my mates giving some to the locals.

That film could be hours long, of godd, honest combat coverage - but the furkin press will get ahold of the last 10 seconds and blow it out of all proportion.

Cover your backs boys and girls - and dont do 'macho' on camera
  11. All previous posts noted and agreed with.

It was a rant triggered by the fact that whatever good work this twat and all the other lads do out there will not be remembered by all the civvies who watch the clip.

the window smashing is the last thing that is seen and will be remembered.

We all know how stuff like this is overblown in the media. Why didn't they just delete that bit before posting it on the net.

Fcuk sake, you think people would realise by know after previous incidents...
  12. That building was actually former ANP, and again so what. All windows were later demolished and sandbagged because mortars were landing at our doorstep.
  13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Well I posted it initially on 26th November: Link. It was also all over the Telegraph at that time.

And there's been no backlash/outrage so far. Safe to assume that all who saw it didn't see any story in 'soldier breaks window'?
  14. that does make a change :D i'm glad to say

i need to stop over reacting :oops:

lets have more 8) footage without the :roll: stuff