Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oppostion Leaders' Debate - 16 April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite Dimbleby's protestations that the audience was specially selected by an outside agency. The anti-Tory and anti-Farage comments seem to excite fairly universal applause.
It does make one wonder what the selection criteria were.

The more I see of all of these people the more annoying they are.
Natalie Bennett wants to "stand up for the disabled" the piss-taking twat.
Yeah! That's our job.

The audience seem to be very left wing to me - typical BBC!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
So exactly as I predicted. I'm glad that I gave it a miss. Another BBC hatchett job I can do without.

C'mon Nige! End on a blinder...

The utter hatred of people such as these for the Evil Tories is incredible. Oddly, an awful lot of people in the country lean that way, despite the poll at the last GE . It seems that it boils down to "Free Lunch: Yes or No".

Incidentally, the speeches made here have been amateurishly transparent puppetry. Miliband really does look like he has a muscular big wrist in his rectum.

Not watching it myself, but going by the jock moonbats on FB etc. Sturgeon us in their words, "wiping the floor" of the others!

Plug from DD on QT April 30th - Milliband, Clegg & Cameron on the panel. That'll be one to watch.

So and independent Scotland it is then. All concreted over and full of Harry Spankers new digs for the gazillions of immigrants who will undoubtely wish to live there for its free healthcare, education and balmy tropical climate. Where do I sign?

They can concrete over f***ing Wales and fill that full of Somali pirates too for all I care.

Ed finishes with another call to Cameron to "debate me". The useless penile idiot.
Someones clearly told him he looks dead cool when he's furiously mass debating in public. Personally i think he just looks like a w@nker.

Ed finishes with another call to Cameron to "debate me". The useless penile idiot.

Good job he didn't say 'C'mon Dave... mass debate me!' Comedy gold!

Ed Miliband

Old-Salt
Any one else pissed off with the 'Progressive' buzzword yet?

Regarding the HIV dig at St Nigel of Thanet, what he should have replied was 'Just where does it state in the small print that the British taxpayer is duty-boud to bankroll the healthcare of the entire f***ing planet? Go on love... show me just where exactly it states that! And when you've done that... put the kettle on.'

Preferably delivered in a Monkfish stylee.

Not sure I am, we're still stuck with the SNP...
Scotland previously decided via the ballot box.

There's no reason to be stuck with the SNP via the ballot box again.

The SNP are weirdest of a bad bunch, bitchy tit for tat politics with no real interests for Scotland as a nation.

So, the verdict. From my POV:

Farage - did well. Came out fighting, but lost a bit of ground with his dig at the affiliations of the audience.
Sturgeon - not as good as her performance in the first debate. Did herself no good at all with her shameless plea to be allowed to play with the big boys.
Leanne Wood - by beginning every comment with "In Wales", showed how irrelevant she is to anyone outside Wales.
Natalie Bennett - gave an indication of just what harm the Greens would do to the country if they ever got into a position of power.
Ed Milliband - did he even turn up?

Any one else pissed off with the 'Progressive' buzzword yet?
'Progressive' has meant 'handing as much of your money as possible to idle trade unionists, scroungers, foreign despots and immigrants' for decades.

Not watching it myself, but going by the jock moonbats on FB etc. Sturgeon us in their words, "wiping the floor" of the others!

She's in an enviable position. She's probably going to end up with a massive mandate in Scotland which will give her enough clobber in Westminster to influence votes on matters which affect us all. At the same time she can blame parliament for any problems which crop up North of the border.

Milliband played to his potential Scottish vote in his debating tactic with Sturgeon..

Trouble is if he gained anything north of the border it will be more than offset with those lost in Labour leaning marginals. The last thing English voters want is a Labour/SNP (fcuk me, the hate in that woman) coalition. If those votes are wavering they will go tory...

So, the verdict. From my POV:

Farage - did well. Came out fighting, but lost a bit of ground with his dig at the affiliations of the audience.
Sturgeon - not as good as her performance in the first debate. Did herself no good at all with her shameless plea to be allowed to play with the big boys.
Leanne Wood - by beginning every comment with "In Wales", showed how irrelevant she is to anyone outside Wales.
Natalie Bennett - gave an indication of just what harm the Greens would do to the country if they ever got into a position of power.
Ed Milliband - did he even turn up?
Farage: Up against the wall on many occasions due to a left wing audience.
Sturgeon: Repeatedly attacking UKIP & pleading with Labour.
Welsh & Greens: turned up.

Miliband: Primarily playing to the audience, personal attacks on Nigel showing IMO why he shouldn't be the next PM, poor integrity..

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
That was a lot of fun, especially at the end. I thought the girls did well, Nige lost all but his hard core support and the winners weren't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.