Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by dlm7, Mar 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just thought i would see if anyone has an opinion on what i should do, when i decided to join the forces i didn't know whether to join the army or the marines but in the end i chose the army and now i start basic in may but im starting to have doubts on my decision any advice?
  2. If your haveing doubts then the Army may not be for you. On the other hand you might just be nervous. Where are you going for basic and what regiment/corps are you joining? I would just go to basic, stick it out for a couple of weeks and see how you find it.
  3. What Corps / Regiment are you going into?
  4. RAMC - CMT so im going winchester, And another thing is if i do change my mind and join the marines instead i worried its gonna take ages to get in
  5. AMS are good for tours and all that because we are so small and professional. Stick with it.
  6. Just remember the Marines are a toatally different regiment and require higher levels of fittness.
  7. I'm not sure, but perhaps you could do the 'All Arms Commando' course later on down the line? Which is what I am planning to do.
  8. My bold, No, they are a totally different Service.
  9. My only advice is think carefully. Don't rush into anything just because you've got a date for one.
  10. Its a massive difference from being a medic to a marine. Not only in the fitness stakes but also as a marine your main focus would be on combat.

I would certainly take some time and think about it, because if you cant hack the RAMC i doubt you will be able to cope with the marines.
  11. What you could do is go to Winchester and do your 7 weeks in training then get out and join the marines. That way you will see both sides and your fitness will be better!