Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by still21inmymind, Aug 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found this on another forum:

One of my sons serves in the military. He is still in the UK, here in Plymouth.

He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he goes, telling me how people shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve, and fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them also.

But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha.

He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the British flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said proudly," Yes, I always wear it and probably always will."

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop killing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman:

"Lady, hundreds of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that you could stand here, in my country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing your countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in your own country, we wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the mess in your country that you are obviously here in my country to avoid."

Everyone within hearing distance cheered!

IF YOU AGREE - Pass this on to all your proud British friends.
  2. Well said but then commentary on government immigration policies is futile.
  3. The vocabulary & phrasing used would indicate that this was originally a US troops story. Someone has just swapped US for UK references where necessary.
  4. That had occured to me, when did you last see any civvy wearing patriotic badges, but the sentiment behind the message is still valid.
    Burkhas in glass houses etc.
  5. http://breakthechain.org/exclusives/burqhastore.html

Just one of many.
  6. I don't get these little stories. Before we invaded, she was probably enjoying a pretty good life over there. I expect she came here because we bombed the fcuk out of her country, destroyed its infrastructure and put in place a series of events which have led to parts of Iraq becoming the most violent and lawless places on Earth.

Fair one she shouldn't have been gobbing off to the cashier, but the patronising prick putting his arms around random men needs an attitude adjustment.
  7. Well that's a lovely story and all but it is a long way from bed time...
  8. And everyone lived happily ever after!
  9. Load of pish, serving son from Plymouth should have given her a forearm smash - just to make her feel at home!
  10. Its my understanding that a muslim woman in full burkka wouldn't be aloud to say f&ck all in a situation like that, not very islam.

sounds all abit too yank if you ask me.
    if its not fair play to the bloke in the line,

I bet the "servicmen from plymouth" was thinking "f&ck this i just wanna get me copy of FHM and f&ck off" while tis was going on.

11. Yeah, and if you believe this story I've a bridge you might want to buy.