• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

opinions on the best way to pack kit into bergan?

trying to find a better way to pack my bergan and why you like it that type of way
IN BERGAN -

daysack
3 days rations
g-tex top & trousers
sleeping bag + bivvie bag
cba, if not wearing it
norgie
cs top + trousers
softie top + bottoms
boxers(underwear)
socks
trainers
towel
washing kit (smally tupa wear box)
box polish + brush(in small waterproof bag)
trenching tool
poncho + pegs
sewing kit
survival tin
bungie

PERSONALLY I PACK IT -

TOP FLAP- sewing kit, polish,bungie, 1 ration pack
SIDE POUCH 1 BOTTOM TO TOP - rations, poncho + pegs (so i can quickly grap the poncho and un-needed rations sit at the bottom
SIDE POUCH 2 - BOTTOM TO TOP - towel, norgie, washing kit (dont really use the stuff at the bottom much only really to washing kit)
FRONT COMPARTMENT - trenching tool
IN BERGAN MAIN BOTTOM TO TOP - sofites in drybag, dry cs stuff in drybag, g-tex stuff in drybag all in the level in like a triangle shape, then trainers and dry socks in sleeping bag, then day sack rolled up

Just looking for some opinions on how use pack it and why and maybe some other kit like radio batteries and spare ammo

k613

Old-Salt
It needs to be top heavy otherwise your centre of gravity is alles uber and the bottom of your bergan is pushing down on the top of your arse

Top Inner pocket
Washing/shaving kit
Toothbrush/paste
Soap and dish
Electric razor
Showergel
Travel towel
Footpowder (in zip lock bag)
Mirror
Boot cleaning kit
Housewife

Side Pouch No 1
Remainder ORP
Flip flops/trainers

Side Pouch No 2
Spare clothing/sect kit

Main Body
Sleeping bag inside Bivi Bag
Spare clothing
Undewear
Socks
Trousers
Thermal top
2nd fleece
Sleeping mat

Outer Pouch
Poncho (with cord/bungees att)
Pegs

Get a water a water proof canoe bag as they are mega then bang your sleeping bag at the bottom. Rations in one side pouch and the other things that you will need in your day sack and bergan and need to swap over and then the rest like wash kit ect on the top of your bergan in stash bags and finally wack your poncho with bungees attached in your top flap.

To save weight, not only do I cut my toothbrush in half, I also cut my sleeping bag in half.

I also bought de-hydrated water off the internet. It comes in a what looks like a plastic bladder full of air. You snip the top off, add water..and bingo...re-hydrated water!

To save weight, not only do I cut my toothbrush in half, I also cut my sleeping bag in half.

I also bought de-hydrated water off the internet. It comes in a what looks like a plastic bladder full of air. You snip the top off, add water..and bingo...re-hydrated water!
Love it, top half, bottom half or lengthways for the sleeping bag?

Ah cheers Saladin,

My bergan has the lid at the bottom and stuff keeps falling out, I'll take it back to the QM's it must be faulty.

There's 2 varieties of semi bag - top only (no that doesn't make it a duvet, it still has an uninsulated base), legs only (to use with a duvet jacket).

To save carrying half a toothbrush, I pulled all my teeth out.

Love it, top half, bottom half or lengthways for the sleeping bag?
Personally I find the best method is to cut it lengthways so there is the front part with the zip and the back with the hood. Throw away the front it's useless and the zip is silly weight. Then you just wear the back like a cape and lie face down. Works like a charm. Don't even have to take it off when you bug out.

Personally I find the best method is to cut it lengthways so there is the front part with the zip and the back with the hood. Throw away the front it's useless and the zip is silly weight. Then you just wear the back like a cape and lie face down. Works like a charm. Don't even have to take it off when you bug out.
You invented something good there. Should we call it a Duvet?

Latest Threads