Opinions needed

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Buckmaster, Nov 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening,

Been a member of the forums for a while now but have just browsed through laughing at some of the comments rather than posting. I’m in my second year at 6th form and involved in a constituency debate competition (organised by Ian Duncan Smith MP). My team is through to the final and we’ve been given the task of arguing for British withdrawal from Afghanistan. Basically I wondered if any of you would be help me out with some opinions both for and against Afghanistan involvement.

Cheers

2. You've definitely come to the right place then!

3. as I hoped

4. The peopla of England have been led, in Afghanistan into a trap from witch it willbe hard to eacape with dignity and honour. they have been tricked into it by a steady witholding of infomation. the communiquies are belated,i insincere, incomplete. things have beenfar worse than we have been told, our administration more bloody and inefficient than the public knows. We are today not far from disaster.

I'd like to say I wrote that but it was a letter to the Times by TE Lawrence ( Of Arabia) in 1920 I have only changed two words

We do not learn from history

5. I bet his grammar and spelling was better :p

Fair point though.

6. Thanks thats a nice little quote, might have to use it.
    Anyone else?

7. It should read "Mesopotamia" not stan

8. If anyone who's been out there would give me a few words that would be much appreciated. Not only that but just generally more comments, hopefully one of you might bring something up I don’t know about. Thanks