Opinions: Job Change?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by AlphaKennyThing, Jan 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening lads/lasses;

I've passed my selection n whatnot, current job I'm in the waiting list for is Electronic Warfare Systems Operator. I like the sound of the job and everything, hence why I chose it, I'm an IT technician at the moment but find it pretty dull I so chose a job which is different, but still uses technology and electronics and such.

For some reason though, I've found myself constantly drawn to the Combat Medical Technician role. I like helping people, which is one of my main reasons for joining the armed forces, I'm good with people and I'm good with computers and things alike.

I've had a good dig around ARRSE and found some useful nuggets on either choice, but I'm still in limbo. I'm not sure writing on here will make a lot of difference, but I don't have any friends who understand what I'm banging on about - so thought I'd chuck it on the forum.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Spasiba.

2. Can't say I know much about either but electronic warfare is the way of the future (or so I hear), so you may well see some exciting new stuff if you follow that route. If IT is your thing, then I say stick with what you know.