Opiniated Bastard

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BlueDanubeWalt, Sep 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi....I've been lurking on the site for about four weeks now and find it great,
    I've decided to join as I'm quite an opiniated B'stard but feel a little 'shy' 'bout my credentials, hence my user/nickname(My grandad was hungarian, served in Kaiser Bill's army in the first big one on the somme)...I'm ex TA, RCT(562 Para. Sq.) at high wood barracks ,forest hill, london, cherry berries in 1975, I've done PCoy....got me wings up at abingdon, did a couple of summer camps, did selection for 'them'(21) at the time they were at high wood also....did alright at first, think I got through five weekends, I'm proud of that....but my mapreading was not really up to it so they obviously f***ked me off, I then threw my toys out my pram and packed it in.....much regretted now, hindsight is a wonderfull thing, If I now offer my opinions on a variety of subjects will i get absoloutly beasted

2. probably ;)

3. Definitely! The term is "Maroon Machine... not cherry Beret... are you a walt?

4. well in 72-75, although memory is faint...cherryberry was used

5. We used to say CherryBeret

6. Bull**** Baffles Brains!

7. dockers

dockers Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I knew some in another 562 location and they did use cherry beret in the 1970s

8. We would have been beaten to a pulp by our Instructors had we used such effeminate terminoligy to describe the coveted item!

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yeah I remember cherry beret being used in the 80's. Welcome, theres much more walty types than you on here so I wouldn't worry about it. Just get stuck in.

Cheers

10. Thanks for the CV and the point to this , was?

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well if you're not bright enough to figure that out from his post you probably shouldn't go outside without adult supervision. :lol:

12. Not even a mention of 49 Para!! Tut tut, or 33 SAS, oh dear!

13. 49 para..33 SAS...who are they..??

14. read a few more threads. Seek and ye shall find :)

15. Well I can see honesty, intellegence and sublety 'aint going to get me far at this 'point' in time