Operators Test New Commando Rifle (SCAR)

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Aug 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I hear a lot of talk within the Regiment, many there do not like the SCAR, that have had hands on. Of course, there are also those that like it. So, like most new weapons systems there are Pros & Cons, as well as individual opinions.

Operators Test New Commando Rifle (SCAR)
    July 29, 2008
    Military.com|by Christian Lowe

It's a rifle designed specifically for the special operations community. Modular barrels, ambidextrous controls, a gas-piston operating system, a host of adjustment options -- but you already know that.

So with all the slick marketing language and eye-popping specifications of the SOCOM Combat Assault Rifle, it's a given that operators will embrace the thing wholeheartedly, right?

2. What I want to know is if anyone threw it in the mud, drove over it with a truck, and then picked up and fired a tight 3 round grouping.
  3. Are those chubby knackers in the video, the ones sweating like a a score of scousers in dixons, actually Special Forces chaps?
  4. Think the Pie men are more Special needs than forces !
  5. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I thought it was pretty obvious, even to the untrained observer, that the demonstrators in the video, were in fact civilians, dressed in civilian clothes and acting for the company that produces the weapon system. :roll:

They are NOT SF Soldiers! :wink:
  6. I like guns :D
  7. God this is the coolest looking rifle going at the moment! I really hope its actually a good, reliable piece of kit so everyone uses it!