Operators promoted in Tech timeframes

Are potential YofS getting accelerated promotion?

Joined last week, now pushing WO1/Maj

or should we have more threads about other isuess

Potential Yeoman dont get accellerated promotion - I've not seen a Maj (Potential TFC) anywhere.

They have to pass the course first.

Perhaps we could talk about who should be higher or lower band?

F

fozzy

polar said:
Why are potential YofS getting accelerated promotion?

What's the nasty man said this time? :roll:

Anyway - I thought you were at least SoCinC or The Intergalatic Star Marshall Jedi Uber Communicator, so what do you care...

The Green eyed monster is alive and well!

TARE

Old-Salt
Polar are you talking about your TA YofS with your inbred promotion system or are you talking about real YofS??????????????

Ps. Ive seen a TA YofS get promoted a year after his course to WO2. He didnt have a scooby about comms.

F

fozzy

polar said:
Why are potential YofS getting accelerated promotion?

Anyway - I thought you were at least SoCinC or The Intergalatic Star Marshall Jedi Uber Communicator, so what do you care...

I was under the impression that a YoS would get his SSGt on completing the course, then waited around a bit for his WO. If they get their YoS quite young, they get time barred before hitting WO2 anyway.

I've not noticed potential YofS' get accelerated promotion to be honest.

Disco said:
OK, whose upset you this time Polar?
Not a whinge at all, just suprised to find a YofS who'd been promoted in a FofS time frame, didn't realise it happened (as someone mentioned, I thought it was a TA thing only).

The person I'm refering to has nothing to do with this thread (other than attaining their rank quickly). Can someone supply me a bigger spade, this whole just wants to be deeper :D ?

fozzy said:

Nowt, I got the original post totally arrse around tit (it wasn't aimed at a person).

it is true if you push for yeoman you will be promoted to sgt from fullscrew slightly quicker to get you on the course. have seen it with my own pearly blues !

polar said:
Disco said:
OK, whose upset you this time Polar?
Not a whinge at all, just suprised to find a YofS who'd been promoted in a FofS time frame, didn't realise it happened (as someone mentioned, I thought it was a TA thing only).

The person I'm refering to has nothing to do with this thread (other than attaining their rank quickly). Can someone supply me a bigger spade, this whole just wants to be deeper :D ?
I have a vague recollection of Manning & Records talking to us some years ago and basically saying:

There are more Yeoman posts available than there are YofS in the Corps now and in the near future. Therefore all SSgt YofS have a 123% chance of being promoted to WO2

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Red_Dragon Jobs Offered 11
Red_Dragon Jobs Offered 0
thiswayup Jobs Offered 1