• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Operations

Hi all,

can people in the intelligence corp get involved in the actual fighting as well as intelligence work? is it possible to physically get involved and go along with special forces or elite forces on missions?

thanks for replies

R

randomgary

Hi all,

can people in the intelligence corp get involved in the actual fighting as well as intelligence work? is it possible to physically get involved and go along with special forces or elite forces on missions?

thanks for replies
andy mcnab was Int attached to the SAS

Hi all,

thanks for replies
Of course it is, join army, do SAS selection, pass various other tests and, if you're not dead or RTU'd you get to go on patrol with them. However, if you mean as a spotty Int Analyst the answer is no.

Yeah, but that geezer with specs on 'Bad Lads Army', he was Int Corps and I'm sure he was ex SAS, PARA, MARINE as well. Or maybe he was just a ****?

Willmark
Don't be put off by the fatuous comments above. As a Lance Corporal in the Intelligence Corps, more often than not you will be expected to lead a platoon in battle and as you progress onto Special Operations as a Corporal or Sergeant you can volunteer for Special Duties with MI5 and MI6, more often than not as a Sniper on Dirty Ops.

Suggest You read TNCCNBWAKBSB which will give you some idea of these Black Ops

Yeah, but that geezer with specs on 'Bad Lads Army', he was Int Corps and I'm sure he was ex SAS, PARA, MARINE as well. Or maybe he was just a ****?
ACAB how can you make such assertions about an extremely popular Warrant Officer in our Corps - I'm told he was loved by all the girls (eventually) and allegedly helped them through their training for very little cost !

Willmark
Don't be put off by the fatuous comments above. As a Lance Corporal in the Intelligence Corps, more often than not you will be expected to lead a platoon in battle and as you progress onto Special Operations as a Corporal or Sergeant you can volunteer for Special Duties with MI5 and MI6, more often than not as a Sniper on Dirty Ops.

Suggest You read TNCCNBWAKBSB which will give you some idea of these Black Ops
This is true. I remember in Vietnam when I was a LCpl attached to the Baker Team - Delmore Barry got a bit wheezy from taking in too much Agent Orange and I had to take his placeon a job. Danforth stepped on a mine and there were pieces of him all over Johnny Rambo; he lost it completely so I had to go on relieve Khe Sanh on my own. Still have flashbacks even today, although I heard Johnny had a real hard time with some dip shit cop when he got back to the states.

some enthusuiastic responses there, thanks to all involved. also, highlander, read "TNCCNBWAKBSB"? whats that?
THE NEW CRIBBS CAUSEWAY NUNS BUM WATCHING AND KNACKER BLACKING SOCIETY BOOK by Claude Balls who as we all know was a Lance Corporal in Field Security during World War 2 and came up with the idea for Operation Foxley, the plot to assassinate Hitler. I believe Rebel With a Cause may have met his Son, who was a Recruiting Sergeant at Ashford. Remember Reb the guy with flat feet and hair coming out of his ears !

THE NEW CRIBBS CAUSEWAY NUNS BUM WATCHING AND KNACKER BLACKING SOCIETY BOOK by Claude Balls who as we all know was a Lance Corporal in Field Security during World War 2 and came up with the idea for Operation Foxley, the plot to assassinate Hitler. I believe Rebel With a Cause may have met his Son, who was a Recruiting Sergeant at Ashford. Remember Reb the guy with flat feet and hair coming out of his ears !
i feel as though i'm being played for a fool here. and am missing the inside jokes you int people are making. anyway, i got my preselection on the 25th, any ideas how quickly i could be in the int after that? i thought since i've provided you lot with all this entertainment you could put in a good word for me yeah? cheers

Latest Threads