Operational Tours

Discussion in 'REME' started by vampireuk, May 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What are the chances of getting op tours as an armourer, just recently transferred to the REME from RLC and I'm hoping to get as many damn tours done as I can.
  2. Depends totally on which unit you are posted to fella, my lot hav'nt been anywhere in a couple of years. You should do ok with armd inf.
  3. Armourers deploy every where there is a coy strength of infantry or other arms.

4. Don't worry vampireuk, you will get more than your fair share of tours. Once you get posted to a unit that deploys, you'll be almost permanently wearing dessies!

Maybe if TB can invade another sovereign country before he's kicked out, you'll get you chance to do as many damn tours as you can! :x

But it’s good to have another armourer in the fold, so good luck in you new career and welcome to the best damn trade in the army. Bar none!
  5. Why are you so keen to do so many op tours? In debt upto your eyeballs? CSA giving you grief? Or just trying to pose off flashing your "warry " credentials.
  6. No real debt and nobody giving me any hassle, I didn't join the Army to stay in England, Germany perhaps but I just want to go on tours. That and I'll be able to wander around calling everybody a whippersnapper hold my aching back and talk about when I was in the war. :p
  7. We're looking for an armourer in our unit. Had 3, one buggered off to be discharged so we need a new Armr. Are off on 2 tours within the next 18 months.

PM me if you want details.
  8. Go for it then kiddo!
  9. Well you should have become an infanteer and done SF selection you hat throbber!!!!!!!