Operational Ration Packs

Hey,
Can someone tell me what the 'K' menus are for?

I know:
A-G = GP
S1-3 - Sikh/Hindu
H1-3 = Halal (Muslim/Islam)
V1-3 = Veggy
P1-4 = Patrol (Dehydrated)
K1-3 = ????? NOT A CLUE ??????/

Thanks

I knew a Hindu soldier who LOVED bacon.

"I can't get this at home" he said.

EX_STAB said:
Does anyone know a vegetarian soldier?
Yep, the rats in a veg box have some superior contents like the replacement for the paté. The rest is sht though.

putteesinmyhands said:
I knew a Hindu soldier who LOVED bacon.

"I can't get this at home" he said.
Most Hindus can eat pork etc.

Now, as for the look on a certain Indian student's face when the finer details of the ingredients of a hamburger were explained to him- that was a sight I will take with me to my grave.

I remember most vegies being WRACs...

Normally ones who were always trying to lose weight, and used the vegi line to basically starve themselves to death.

Oh, the tears when they were told to eat their sausages and bacon or else.... (On Ex early '90s).

Ventress

LE
I had young girls passing out on the third, fourth day on Ex. On investigation, it would come out they havent eaten for 2 days!

"I dont like the ORP, I dont like what the slops are dishing up!"

I doubt if things have changed!

The veggie rat packs are pretty good...I always try and demand a mix of normal and veggie for my section when on ex as the curries in em are fantastic....

Can any bored storeman detail for our pleasure what you get in the various ration packs?

I remember going from the tinned individual compo rations (A-D, not much variety and we only ever used to get the same two) to the boil in bag ones that were a lot better but the sundries were rubbish, tea powder and coffee whitener instead of tea bags and milk powder.

Remember the old arctic packs? Dehydrated mince and peas. Never managed to turn them into anything decent.

Found a tin of snake and pygmy pudding the other day!

General Purpose
Letter - Breakfast - Main Meal - Dessert
A- Hamburger & Beans- Chicken, Mushrooms & Pasta - Treacle Pudding
B - Corned Beef Hash - Beef Stew & Dumplings - Chocolate Pudding in Chocolate Sauce
C - Sausage & Beans - Lamb Stew with Potatoes - Fruit Dumplings & Custard Sauce
D - Corned Beef Hash - Pork Casserole - Treacle Pudding
E - Bacon & Beans - Lancashire Hotpot - Fruit Dumplings & Custard Sauce
F - Beefburger & Beans - Steak & Vegetables with Potatoes - Rice Pudding
G - Meatballs & Pasta in Tomato Sauce - Chicken Stew & Dumplings - Chocolate Pudding in Chocolate Sauce

Vegetarian
Menu Letter - Breakfast - Main Meal - Pudding
V1 - Non Meat Sausage & Beans - Vegetable Tikka Masala - Treacle Pudding
V2- Non Meat Burger & Beans - Pasta, Mushrooms and Sweetcorn - Chocolate Pudding in Chocolate Sauce
V3 - Potato & Beans - Spicy Vegetable Rigatoni - Rice Pudding

Sikh/Hindu
S1 - Meat Free Sausage & Beans - Vegetable Tikka Masala - Treacle Pudding
S2 - Meat Free Mini Burger & Beans - Vegetable Chilli - Chocolate Pudding in Chocolate Sauce
S3 - Meat Free Sausage & Beans - Vegetable Casserole - Rice Pudding

Halal (Islam)
H1 - Meat Free Sausage & Beans - Chicken Casserole - Treacle Pudding
H2 - Meat Free Mini Burger & Beans - Steak & Vegetables - Chocolate Pudding in Chocolate Sauce
H3 - Meat Free Sausage & Beans - Lamb Stew - Rice Pudding

Kosher (Jewish)
K1- Turkey Sausage & beans - Beef Casserole with Dumplings - Chocolate Sponge
K2 - Burger & Beans - Salami with Pasta in Tomato Sauce - Lemon Sponge & Lemon Sauce
K3 - Sliced Salami in Tomato Sauce - Lancashire Hotpot - Apple Strudel in Syrup

Patrol (Dehydrated)
P1 - Hot Cereal Start - Potato and Beef with Herbs - Rice Pudding with Apple & Cinnamon
P2 - Instant Oats & Apple Flakes - Pasta Carbonara - Chocolate Chip Pudding
P3 - Hot Cereal Start - Chicken Balti - Apple with Custard
P4 - Instant Oats & Apple Flakes - Chicken with Noodles - Peach & Pineapple Pudding
[hr]
Snack
Oatmeal Block
Instant Oat Cereal (CC Only)
Fruit Biscuits
Brown Biscuits
Cheese Spread
Meate Pate
Chocolate
Boiled Sweets
Kendal Mintcake (HC only)

Drinks
Chocolate Drink, Beverage Whitener,
Sugar, Tea, Coffee, Stock Drink
and Orange or Lemon
Drink (Both flavours issues with HC)

Sundries
Chewing Gum, Weatherproof Matches
Paper Tissues
Water Purification Tablets.

paulrobz said:
General Purpose
Letter - Breakfast - Main Meal - Dessert
A- Hamburger & Beans- Chicken, Mushrooms & Pasta - Treacle Pudding
And the most telling thing about that is that the foil pouch is labelled "Chicken Pasta Mush".

Never was a truer word...

EX_STAB said:
Can any bored storeman detail for our pleasure what you get in the various ration packs?

I remember going from the tinned individual compo rations (A-D, not much variety and we only ever used to get the same two) to the boil in bag ones that were a lot better but the sundries were rubbish, tea powder and coffee whitener instead of tea bags and milk powder.

Remember the old arctic packs? Dehydrated mince and peas. Never managed to turn them into anything decent.

Found a tin of snake and pygmy pudding the other day!
Baby's Head. I've just come over all nostaligic - and hungry!

Where's the cheese-possessed? Oh god, screech is still there :crying:

fcuking menu c / lamb stew for 2 months solid on TELIC1.....haven't been able to eat lamb since. broken man.

I didn't think you got the cheese spread anymore. I recall getting lots of ratpacks with the "Cheese Removed" tape on, and since our CSM at the time had a sense of humour he'd wander round harbour areas giving out Dairylea triangles instead :)

When will they get rid of the treacle pudding its bloody awful. Although I liked the tabasco sauce you get in them now and the new ones with the curry and rice are brilliant.