Operational postings/Overseas deployment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by goalkeeper1984, Dec 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently in the process of joining 6 Rifles, so far so good. If all goes according to plan Could be be all done and trained up by the end of the summer (Having completed CIC), so I have been told. The likelihood of being sent over to Afghan is looking slim to none as I expect all the Reg's who haven't been out will want to get a tour under their belt before we call it a day out there as such.
    Question is.....I know the Army serve all over the world from Africa to Falklands etc but as a TA Soldier what is the likelihood of being sent abroad? Or even being one of the few helping the ANA or ANP in Afghanistan over the coming years?
    Just rocked up to the party a little late. Although give it a few months and no doubt we will be involved in something elsewhere!
    Apologies if its a bit of a bone question

2. If you hang on a bit and Alex Salmond gets his way, you might get to serve in Scotland, although it is likely to be adventure training rather than active service.

3. H19 is the penultimate or final tour for Afgan as far as I am aware, and 6Rifles are going out supporting 1Rifles, with Mob in May it is very unlikely you will get to go on that, so your next best bet is to speak to your training team / CSM. Although there will always be a tour available somewhere, and the ANA/ANP bits and bobs you have mentioned I've also heard is a possibility.

out of interest, PM me which coy you are joining? ;)

Ben.

4. Cheers guys. I know I have a lot on my plate with just getting the training done but its always easier if you know you are working towards something, if you see what I mean