Operational Medals

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by misterp, Jul 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whats the norm for getting your operation medal after deploying with a regular unit for a tour?

Looks like i'll signing for mine at my TAC, when all regulars i deployed with will be getting theres at a parade.
  2. Dry your eyes princess - when it arrives in an envelope, second class post - then come back with the sob story!

In a nutshell, it differs between units. You post this from a perspective, that your service has been valued, right?!
  3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I'm still waiting on mine from Telic 4
    Giz a shout in 4 years if you've got yours
  4. to be honest i think i have the right to be a little hacked off with the TA, i think i put the TA in a positive light after a long hard tour then get f#cked off by my own battalion on my return, as i can't go to collect my medal with the rest of my COY because of the limit to MTDs.
  5. Im a regular and i just signed for it. Its not just the TA dry your eyes
  6. I have 8 medals and I have only been presented 1. shite happens princess.
  7. ok thanks chaps

looks like i ve gone slightly mental, sorry about that brain fart there, i ll go back in my hole and cry in the corner
  8. There's one in the Chief Clerk's bottom drawer at CVHQ RA that isn't going anywhere. Ring Woolwich and make them an offer...
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I ring up and ask for it
    They ring someone on here
    I get put in the walt thread and you lot pick on me

No thanks
    Anyway I've only just finished engraving my name on he bottom of my MM :wink:
  10. I'll see your four years wait and raise you :D First Op Banner tour in 91-92. Got issued my GSM in 1999. When i was a member of the T.A. funnily enough. Add to that ACSM qualified for in 2003. Issued that earlier this year. 2nd class post too. Only bloody medal I was issued "on time" was the QGJM for friggsake :D
  11. I guess the question is - Is the situation any different now, from previous generations?

(although Foggy seems to have answered that one)!
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

At least you are young enough to serve in an era when more than just a single GSM is given for 6 or 7 tours! Given would be too nice as thrown at me by CSM would be more accurate! That was regs by the way!
  13. Do you get an OSM Afghanistan for each tour you do then?
  14. Im a regular, i got 3 of my medals out of a box in the clerks office, the fourth i got out of a box in the clerks office then handed it in so it could be given to me.
  15. I've never been on parade to receive a medal. Nor do I ever want to.