Operational Honours and Awards List: 25 July 2008

Discussion in 'REME' started by spaz, Jul 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Military Cross (MC)

Corporal Richard Steven STREET, Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

Mention in Despatches (MiD)

Lance Corporal Tej Gang SUNWAR, Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
    Craftsman Samuel Michael TOMKINS, Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service (QCVS)

Corporal Gareth David WILSON, Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

Well done fella's I don't think I missed anyone, my apologies if I did.

2. Well done guys; do we know what the men in question did to earn such high honour?

Dave

3. Well done lads, you obviously served with true distinction and are a credit to the Corps.

4. I Have no idea mate although I would like to read the citations if anyone has a link.

5. I would imagine that they will be in the Crafty sometime in the future.

6. Richard 'Straza' Street is the guy on the KRH Nickleback Squaddie Stars video on YouTube who is pressing another lad above his head whilst lip-synching the song.

I served in Iraq with him and he is a top bloke. He recovered a vehicle under fire, cool as you like by all accounts.

Well done Nose Bergan!!

7. Afghanistan

MC

Corporal Richard Steven STREET, Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
    Street led the Foden recovery crew in support of B Squadron, King’s Royal Hussars. Whilst under sustained attack in his vehicle he showed personal courage in dismounting and completing a recovery task under fire.

MiD

Lance Corporal Tej Gang SUNWAR, Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
    Sunwar’s initiative, considerable engineering skills and tireless effort despite considerable personal danger ensured that the highest possible levels of in-mission availability were sustained.

Craftsman Samuel Michael TOMKINS, Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
    Tomkins’ amazing presence of mind and resolute action in the face of the enemy not only saved a severely injured colleague, but rescued key battle winning assets.

8. Congratulations to them all - bl00dy well deserved

9. Well done all