Operational Honours and Awards List: 25 July 2008

Bravo Zulu to all mentioned - although singling out individiuals is a little unfair, since we highlighted those receiving a second gallantry award when the last list came out, may I draw Arssers' attention to:

Colour Sergeant Benjamin Paul GREENSMITH CGC, The Parachute Regiment , who has been awarded an MC to go with his earlier decoration

and

Wing Commander Philip Jeremy ROBINSON DFC, RAF, who has to add a little rosette to his DFC ribbon on award of a bar to said decoration. (I suppose this means I'll have to buy him a pint when I next see him :D )

I ought to have said BZ to each and every one of the recipients when I posted the link but I didn't so I'll do it now. Some amazing stories behind those bits of ribbon and oak leaves, I'm sure. Such a shame that only a few of the citations are ever published.

Archimedes said:
Bravo Zulu to all mentioned - although singling out individiuals is a little unfair, since we highlighted those receiving a second gallantry award when the last list came out, may I draw Arssers' attention to:

Colour Sergeant Benjamin Paul GREENSMITH CGC, The Parachute Regiment , who has been awarded an MC to go with his earlier decoration

and

Wing Commander Philip Jeremy ROBINSON DFC, RAF, who has to add a little rosette to his DFC ribbon on award of a bar to said decoration. (I suppose this means I'll have to buy him a pint when I next see him :D )
Hear hear!!! :clap:

Thinking about it, the London Gazette and the MoD list do a slight disservice to Wg Cdr Robinson, BTW - the award in today's list is his third DFC , not his second.

Archimedes said:
Thinking about it, the London Gazette and the MoD list do a slight disservice to Wg Cdr Robinson, BTW - the award in today's list is his third DFC , not his second.
Quite right - it should read "Second Bar to the DFC".

DFC LG 30 Sep 03
Bar LG 8 Sep 06
2nd Bar LG 25 Jul 08.

He must be the first DFC** in quite some time...well done to him and all others in the list.