Operational Honours and Awards List: 25 July 2008

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dunservin, Jul 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Full list of operational honours and awards available on the MoD website here.
  2. Bravo Zulu to all mentioned - although singling out individiuals is a little unfair, since we highlighted those receiving a second gallantry award when the last list came out, may I draw Arssers' attention to:

Colour Sergeant Benjamin Paul GREENSMITH CGC, The Parachute Regiment , who has been awarded an MC to go with his earlier decoration

Wing Commander Philip Jeremy ROBINSON DFC, RAF, who has to add a little rosette to his DFC ribbon on award of a bar to said decoration. (I suppose this means I'll have to buy him a pint when I next see him :D )
  3. I ought to have said BZ to each and every one of the recipients when I posted the link but I didn't so I'll do it now. Some amazing stories behind those bits of ribbon and oak leaves, I'm sure. Such a shame that only a few of the citations are ever published.
  4. Hear hear!!! :clap:
  5. Thinking about it, the London Gazette and the MoD list do a slight disservice to Wg Cdr Robinson, BTW - the award in today's list is his third DFC , not his second.
  6. Quite right - it should read "Second Bar to the DFC".

DFC LG 30 Sep 03
    Bar LG 8 Sep 06
    2nd Bar LG 25 Jul 08.

He must be the first DFC** in quite some time...well done to him and all others in the list.
  7. Scats! Scruffy b*gger MC - well done and what on earth did you do?