Operational Honours and Awards 6 Mar 09

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Archimedes, Mar 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well done to them all!!!! Good to see the the RE with a good collection of MiD's
  2. Bloody good effect
  3. From Sky News
    Scores Of Honours For Afghanistan Heroes
    One of the highest awards is to be made posthumously - a second George Medal goes to Warrant Officer Gary O'Donnell.

The father-of-four died defusing a roadside bomb in Helmand and is to be honoured with a Bar to the medal he won for previous bravery in Iraq.

It is the first time in 26 years that the decoration has been awarded twice to the same individual.

His widow, Toni, said: "You cannot describe my feelings. I'm so proud of him. I'll tell the children about him. He was a brave man, a big man.
  4. Well Done and huge Respect to every one of them...
  5. Incidentally, the last time was also a EOD Operative, for duties in NI.

When I worked with AT's years ago, all the officers, WO's and SNCO's post-nomonals looked like a BATCO message given the amounts of awards won.
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I haven't seen today's papers but I hope they pick up this recognition of the work and bravery being carried out in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as other parts of the workd where our troops are. Good news all round.

Well done to all of them.
  7. Just caught the end of this on Sky news. Am I right in thinking I saw a load of 'THEM' with the Blue Stable Belts on being given awards?
  8. Three CGCs for the Royal Irish Regiment in one go! Outstanding.
  9. Well deserved to all those honoured.

Probably many more that should have been.

I was sure the last time a bar was awarded to the GM was for the Operator who dealt with the devices under the M6 and I thought that was 1993. Can't find anything on t'internet.

Does anyone have a better memory?
  10. MC for Russ Lewis, nice one Russ!
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Well done to all of them! :D

Six RIR soldiers honoured for gallantry in Afghanistan;

12. Well done to all and particularly to Sgt Chris Richards MC of The Royal Dragoon Guards - QUIS SEPARABIT!

13. Much respect to everyone on the list.
    The RIR CGC winner - that's not Arrse's McClurg, is it?
  14. Outstanding guys. Proud of you.