operational forecast

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by trepanner, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm about to have to make a very quick decision on a Forthcoming posting, ie in the next month!!

Does anyone have an electronic copy(or link to one) of the op plan for 09-11? it used to come out yearly as an excel spreadsheet.

In particular, I'm after finding out where the following may or may not be going:-

25,39 (Beach)

Cheers :)
  2. Welcome to the site, Trepanner, but that isn't a question that should be asked, or answered, in an open forum on the web.

Talk to your chain of command tomorrow.

3. ok cheers. i was told it was online somewhere but cANT find it on the Corps website thats all
  4. It won't be either. Speak to your Sqn 2IC tomorrow.
  5. Didn't they use to print it in some weird RE publication read by occifers? It of course was out of date before it went to print, but still use to list the LATF, LASS, SLE taskings as well as roulement tours (NI, Bosnia, Iraq)
  6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

The full Operational Commitments plot is classified Confidential.

(So you will be able to pick up a copy from a bin in an EDS ofice, or left on a train)

As advised above - check with your unit. I think that the thing that referred to abaove "read by officers" might be the Sapper Telegraph. It should be read by everyone. It is classified restricted, so can't be posted on here.
  7. Considering Regimental forecasts are posted on the walls of the cookhouse in Brompton so the critters know what the big boys are doing. Not bad, I tried to find out the same info myself for a series of visits, only to be told I couldnt get it securely on line!
  8. Sapper telegraph only has present and next Telic/Herrick, have checked it today.
    can anyone tell me offline what 25 and 39 have got on in the next years at all please? I'm in a Unit where i'm not privvy to a Sqn 2ic etc and much of my research is under the radar. I'm more than happy to explain to anyone who has any info for me though 8)
  9. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

To be honest I wouldn't take to much from tour predictions beyond the next ones. Units or whole formations may be swapped between theatres, Sapper wise, squadrons may be taken in and out of unit orbats. TELIC is an evolving operation, where force levels are dependent on circumstances in theatre - if it all goes quite we draw down, if it all kicks off again, we don't. So if you send an email to Muqta al Sadr he may be able to give you a steer.

HERRICK is the same, the Govt may decide to put more troops in, or take some out, or move to a different part of the country (i.e. Sappers build more new camps), the Taleban may decide to do a "Gerry Adams" and get all peaceful - who knows. So you are aiming at a target with too many variables.

So it depends on why you want to know. If you WANT to go on tour, then it doesn't matter where you go. If you haven't got a tour slated then just put your hand up and you will find yourself backfilling into someone elses. If you DONT want to go, then have a good look at yourself in the mirror.
  10. Have you got muqta al sadr's email or user name :wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.