Operation Warriors Return Needs Your Help!

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by TheBionicWoman, Oct 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Operation Warriors Return is a Charitable Organisation based at Great Abington, Cambridgeshire and provides free help and support for veterans who have a physical or mental injury, whether that injury occurred while in service or since discharge. They work with Combat Stress and are the official drop in centre for the Cambridge Area on the first Wednesday of every month. For more information you can visit the website at Home

We have applied for a £6,000 NatWest Community Grant Woodside Rural Care CIC (Co No 7067890): NatWest CommunityForce , the snag with this is that it is open to public vote with the top three organisations in the area with the most votes securing the grant. We think we are about 4th but still need plenty of votes to secure 3rd place. I know this is a bit last minute dot com as there are only 3 more voting days left but we would be so grateful if as many people could vote for us as possible. The NatWest website is shocking (and has, we think, put people off voting) and you have to register before you can vote. It looks a lengthy process but for any person who can work a PC will have no problems and it will take no more than 5 mins to do, if that. We thank anyone who votes for us in advance and if you know someone who might benefit from our service then please tell them about us.

Thanks again

Helen Matthews
    Internet Media Officer

The voting process instructions are:-

1) People need to click - Woodside Rural Care CIC (Co No 7067890): NatWest CommunityForce this is the Woodside Page

2) They must then REGISTER by clicking the Register button top right.

3) This involves entering a First Name, Second Name, email address, a password & password confirmation.

4) Registration is NOT completed until an email from NatWest is received requesting CONFIRMATION.

5) To Confirm - click on 'confirm registration' link found in text in centre of NatWest email.

6) You are then directed back to the NatWest site.

7) In order to VOTE you MUST then- 'LOG IN' (button top right) you will be asked for your email & password (used when Registering) and tick box agreeing to Terms & Conditions (T&C'S)

8) Once 'LOGGED IN' you must return to Woodside Page - tick box (T&C'S) before clicking 'VOTE FOR US' button.

9) NOTE that the number of VOTES will increase by 1 as the page refreshes & you will be advised that you have 2 more VOTES (unfortunately you cannot Vote more than once for Woodside)
  2. Good point although possibly could have been made in a slightly more tactful way - BCO
  3. I apologise for that, I have never had to do this before or gone on forums. If you had have taken the time to read it you will see that we do Support Combat Stress.

There was absolutely no need to reply using the language and tone you have, it is totally unacceptable. I made a mistake and some constructive criticism was all that was needed.
  4. You not from round here are you.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Speak to one of the moderators and ask them to bin you threads and put it in the charities and welfare section.

Might get a better response. (And less abuse!) :)

We don't like spam mucho and it tend s to get peoples backs up - Good luck.
  6. Thank you very much for your advice which is all that was needed. I will see what I can do about getting it removed from most of the site.

Thanks again :)
  7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

All sorted ......
  8. Thank you very much for your help :)