Operation Iron Hammer - The Spams party hearty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3265649.stm

US forces have pursued and attacked a group of militants spotted firing mortars in Baghdad, the military said.
An Apache helicopter gunship fired on a van carrying the fleeing militants, killing two and wounding three. Five others were captured by US troops.

In a separate operation, a US ground attack plane blasted an abandoned warehouse said to have been used by militants to prepare for attacks.
The code name for this Operation, launched on Wednesday , is "Operation Iron Hammer"

Why are Yank Op. Names soooooooooo kewl?

Wonder what we'd call it?

Op Defence Cut, carried out by 1 Gazelle with 2 TA soldiers firing SA80s out of the sides, while a platoon of ACF round up the stragglers.

Operation Iron Hammer in US Forces.

Operation Timmy Mallet in British Forces. :D

ViroBono said:
Op Defence Cut, carried out by 1 Gazelle with 2 TA soldiers firing SA80s out of the sides, while a platoon of ACF round up the stragglers.
This assumes that the baddies where near to the Gazelle as it is on the ground with no crew.

mushroom said:
Funny I've just come back from Ex Iron Hammer in Canada - didn't see an Iraqi anywhere.
Lucky some geographically challenged Spams didn't cross the border and call up an air strike on you! :D

mushroom said:
Funny I've just come back from Ex Iron Hammer in Canada - didn't see an Iraqi anywhere.
Exercise, Operation...I could see where you could be confused.

:lol:

I happened to be one of the now legendary Chalk, 12 EX Iron Anvil 03 and I feel I have to point out in the defence of the movements staff that one doe's not always back the odd's on favourite. Although common sense and historical precedent........ :?