Operation Iron Hammer - The Spams party hearty

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Nov 13, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3265649.stm

The code name for this Operation, launched on Wednesday , is "Operation Iron Hammer"

Why are Yank Op. Names soooooooooo kewl?

Wonder what we'd call it?
  2. We would call it" Op lets catch terrorist, but not upset them" :D
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Op Defence Cut, carried out by 1 Gazelle with 2 TA soldiers firing SA80s out of the sides, while a platoon of ACF round up the stragglers.
  4. Operation Iron Hammer in US Forces.

Operation Timmy Mallet in British Forces. :D
  5. This assumes that the baddies where near to the Gazelle as it is on the ground with no crew.
  6. Funny I've just come back from Ex Iron Hammer in Canada - didn't see an Iraqi anywhere.
  7. Lucky some geographically challenged Spams didn't cross the border and call up an air strike on you! :D
  8. Exercise, Operation...I could see where you could be confused.

9. Lucky you, a lot of your colleagues are still stuck out there because the powers that be weren't expecting it to snow in winter in Canada.
  10. I happened to be one of the now legendary Chalk, 12 EX Iron Anvil 03 and I feel I have to point out in the defence of the movements staff that one doe's not always back the odd's on favourite. Although common sense and historical precedent........ :?