Operation Crossroads. A Bikini Scar

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was up to date with Arrse and Torn so I went looking for news, pointedly ignoring mainstream media for obvious reasons. After I'd read about the Colonel of the Light Dragoons taking back some land leased to Israel last month, I found this.

Bikini still scarred by nukes, 70 years later the crater under water is still clearly visible. Then it tells us how the ships sunk to understand the effect of an A-bomb were fully tooled up and fuelled up and now leaking. Unfortunate.

I found it an interesting read.

ugly

LE
"Part of the motivation for the survey was to understand the continuing environmental impacts better. Although radiation levels are much reduced, there is an ongoing pollution problem coming from the sacrificial ships."
far less one would Imagine than all of the ships and aircraft under the sea due to enemy action and I suspect leaving less pollution than the team investigating it!

The BBC bringing handwringing to another generation of gullible fecktard liberals

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I was up to date with Arrse and Torn so I went looking for news, pointedly ignoring mainstream media for obvious reasons. After I'd read about the Colonel of the Light Dragoons taking back some land leased to Israel last month, I found this.

Bikini still scarred by nukes, 70 years later the crater under water is still clearly visible. Then it tells us how the ships sunk to understand the effect of an A-bomb were fully tooled up and fuelled up and now leaking. Unfortunate.

I found it an interesting read.
I loved the Bob Hope quote:

"As soon as the war ended, we found the one spot on Earth that had been untouched by the war and blew it to hell."

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
While Bikini Atoll received the effects of two bombs, I have read a number of books and articles on the bomb tests in South Australia around Maralinga and Emu Flat. There were quite a few, including a couple that were intentionally designed to fail so they could see the effects of a partial explosion. And then they shipped some of the irradiated trucks and equipment back to Adelaide for tests and buried them locally....

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"Part of the motivation for the survey was to understand the continuing environmental impacts better. Although radiation levels are much reduced, there is an ongoing pollution problem coming from the sacrificial ships."
far less one would Imagine than all of the ships and aircraft under the sea due to enemy action and I suspect leaving less pollution than the team investigating it!

The BBC bringing handwringing to another generation of gullible fecktard liberals
There were huge efforts over the years to control the oil leaking from The Royal Oak in Scapa Flow.

One of the reasons for this was Scapa Flow is essentially cul de sac with no natural through tide and even less due to the Churchill Barriers and the vast amounts of shellfish and seafood harvested from it.

ugly

LE
There were huge efforts over the years to control the oil leaking from The Royal Oak in Scapa Flow.

One of the reasons for this was Scapa Flow is essentially cul de sac with no natural through tide and even less due to the Churchill Barriers and the vast amounts of shellfish and seafood harvested from it.
Pre-Marinaded hmmm there’s a reason I don’t eat shellfish

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Pre-Marinaded hmmm there’s a reason I don’t eat shellfish
The best and biggest shellfish grow around the sewage outlet.
Yum.

Latest Threads