Operation Anabasis

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by alib, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Stout defence behind meally bags

2. Steal all of KBR's fuel and head for Kuwait

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bill Lind on Operation Anabasis:
    I don't think this is about to happen but I did not like that "who knows". Lind may be right about disaster planning being a matter for initiative way down the chain of command.

Somebody said on here a while ago that only Septic extraction strategy involved clinging to a helicopter skids.

Now just supposing the Israelis nuke Bashir for instance and it all went tits up.

The South is swarming with Badr Brigrade, Mahdi Army and those rather efficient Qods Force chaps. For once they are not fighting each other. All the Yank airlift has disapeared north to evacuate the Green zone.
  2. There will almost certainly be some contingency planning going on unofficially. I'd be extrememly surprised if unit messes didn't have this kind of discussion going on all the time.
  3. I read Anabasis a few years ago, also there was a tech thriler called IIRC The Ten Thousand by a bloke called Coyle, but wasn't that Germany or somewhere?