operating system

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by ordinaryforces, Jan 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder if someone on here would have a samsung rv 510recovery disc? they could lend me? a couple of sovs to h for h
    I made the mistake whilst shutting the computer down to allow all the updates to upload..there must have been a rogue one in there as I have now a completely bolloxed laptop!! It wont even load in safe mode and no reaction to the keyboard.
    cheers.

2. Have you tried tapping F10 (or may be F4 at the Samsung logo if it gets that far.) as the computer starts? There may be a repair partition on it that will allow you to put it back to factory settings. Bit radical but you may be able to get Linux to install and see if it will dual boot. As a last resort PC World (spit!) may be able to help. Sorry for the messy post.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersHowToGuidePopup.do?howto_guide_seq=6375&prd_ia_cd=N0000137&map_seq=82192

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes F10 should do it

4. Yes mate tried that!
    but all I get no matter I do is a blue screen saying something about "crash" Then the thing shuts down before I can read it.

5. It sounds more like a hard-drive failure.

6. Got it sorted.
    thanks for the tips.
    I found the system repair.

7. That's great news. Now the first thing to do is create a set of backup disks. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  8. msr

msr LE

Then uninstall java, flash player and acrobat reader. Update windows, uninstall the antivirus trial and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials, uninstall all the other crapware / trialware, update windows again and breathe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah..I was just going to say that :) :)